Forum:

Thread: Period starting 10 days after last one ended...?

Junior Member Array

Default Period starting 10 days after last one ended...?

Please help me figure something out on this...I'm very scared.

My last period ended on the 9th of this month. I had sex on the 11th, 13th, 14th, and 15th, and the 15th was the last day I took my pill. Now my period has started and it's the 20th.

I'm trying to consider all factors. My boyfriend and I just broke up last night, but we were having some problem before that, so it could be extreme stress. Also, I haven't eaten in 3 days and I have lost weight, so it could be that as well. However, I have had stress before, and times where my diet was screwy, and this has never happened.

I am terrified that I'm pregnant, because the last thing I need right now is that. My ex is freaked and so am I. Please help!

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The last day you took your pill? As in BC pill? That could be part of the problem too, if I read it correctly.

It could be a lot of what you mentioned, you've had a lot happen in a short amount of time.

Try to relax, stress will also cause problems too.

Wait about 2 weeks and take a HPT.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock View Post
    Please help me figure something out on this...I'm very scared.

My last period ended on the 9th of this month. I had sex on the 11th, 13th, 14th, and 15th, and the 15th was the last day I took my pill. Now my period has started and it's the 20th.

I'm trying to consider all factors. My boyfriend and I just broke up last night, but we were having some problem before that, so it could be extreme stress. Also, I haven't eaten in 3 days and I have lost weight, so it could be that as well. However, I have had stress before, and times where my diet was screwy, and this has never happened.

I am terrified that I'm pregnant, because the last thing I need right now is that. My ex is freaked and so am I. Please help!
    Hi Jrock,

I'm sorry that you're so scared - I can totally understand why you would be. I'm not an expert in the field, but I think what you're going through is very normal. Women's bodies are beautiful, but they can be very complex - it isn't always scheduled like it should be. You've definitely taken in a lot of things recently and that kind of stress can throw a person's cycle off track. Earlier this year I went through some highly stressful times and it threw my cycle off track for a little bit.

I'm not going to tell you to relax, because it's definitely human nature to be scared at times like these. To ease your mind, maybe you should get a HPT and/or visit a doctor. Even if it turns out to be nothing (which I'm sure is the case), at least you'll have set your mind at ease.

I know everything will turn out just fine, Jrock! **hugs**
    Blanche: "No one in my family ever saw a psychiatrist. Except of course when they were institutionalized."