Forum:

Thread: How do I know if I'm Hemorraging?

Junior Member Array

Question How do I know if I'm Hemorraging?

My periods have always been out of whack, but I never know when it's just to much. I got my period in the beginning of the month it wasn't really a period just brown stuff and it didn't last long well since feb 17th I've been bleeding alot I've been through about 60 pads since the 17th and counting. Twice before I went to bed I thought maybe if I wore a tampon it would calm it down. I bleed through the tampons both nights and thank god I wore a pad as well and there was a lot of blood on the pad.

Usually when I have my period I don't bleed much at night but this time around I am, should I go to the ER or doctor well I go to my local health department and I've called and still waiting for someone to get back to me. I just don't know what to do. It doesn't look like it's going away .

Any suggestions?? I have other medical problems such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, low potassium, neuropathy.

Thank you.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That definitely seems like quite a bit of blood to me, especially if it is that consistent. I bleed heavily for 2 days when I'm on my period, so bleeding like you described would probably freak me out a bit.

If you can wait until someone calls, wait it out a few more hours and see if someone calls. Depending what you are comfortable with, call back in a few and leave another message for a nurse or anybody to call you back. As much as I hate ER's, if someone doesn't call you back within a reasonable amount of time, I would probably bite the bullet and go on it.

Keep us posted.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excessive bleeding can be worrisome and a doctor should take a look but for the most part hemorrhaging involves a huge amount of blood, like running down your leg you need to use a towel to keep up with the amount of blood loss. It is also considered hemorrhaging if you lose enough blood and become dizzy, lack of concentration, weakness, fatigue...basically about to pass out.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Junior Member Array

Thanks I finally got a call back she said if I was saturating a pad in an hour she told me to go to the ER she said they aren't equip to do anything for me there. I am feeling lightheaded and feel like i'm gonna pass out when i get up and walk or bend even just sitting here, this was happening to me in the beginning of the month but my blood pressure was also 158/112.

I just might go to the ER for the dizziness and lightheaded. Thanks again

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you are feeling lightheaded and dizzy, you are best going to the ER.

I'm glad they called you back though!
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Junior Member Array

So what became of this? I have been having the same issue but I haven't been dizzy or lightheaded yet