Forum:

Thread: Period & UTI?

Junior Member Array

Question Period & UTI?

Well, here's my problem...

It seems like lately (the past couple times I've had my period) that I have a UTI with it.. though I've never actually gone to the Dr to find out.. mainly because when I did, she insisted I do a urine test, which I find completely repulsive to do while on my period, I just couldn't even think of doing that, so I ruled out going..

Anyways.. I'm not sure that I've ever had a UTI before, but I'm assuming this is what it could be.. I have the feeling of needing to pee, all the time,.. I'll try and little to nothing will come out.. I stand up and bam I feel the urge again.. I basically have to just ignore it, and when I actually do go.. it hurts. It feels like I'm trying to pass a watermelon, when all I'm trying to do is pee. :|

I notice this sort of "pain" when I have my period.. I can't recall if I always get the feeling of having to pee and not being able to.. but the pain I've noticed for quite a few months.. and I guess it's just something I never really thought much of until the urge to pee started to set in.. A few months back I thought I may have a UTI, it was all the same feelings except I wasn't on my period.. I took half a prescription of medicine that a family member had left over from when they had one.. and it went away.. Is it possible that it never went away? Or that something is causing this, or maybe it has something to do with my period and not even a UTI.. I'm pretty confused.. could it all be a coincidence? All I know is, it's annoying to have this feeling, especially today I got so sick feeling.. like pains in my stomach, because I felt like I needed to go and couldn't.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Junior Member Array

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear but I really do think you should take a urine test... I know it is disgusting while on your period... but when it comes to your health I don't think you should be messing around, espically if you would like to figure out what is going on. It could just be something weird that happens when your on your period... but just to be on the safe side i would do what your doctor suggests!