Forum:

Thread: Scard ... Why I am spotting for 2 weeks now?

Junior Member Array

Default Scard ... Why I am spotting for 2 weeks now?

Hi Ladies,

A little background ... im 38, married, 2 children not on BC Pill and always had reg 27-29 day cycles.

beginning Jan/07 my periods started coming later and later until my last one was 2 weeks late.

My last one 2 weeks late was a normal flow and the reg 4 days.
    About 2 weeks after the last one began i started spotting.
    It was pretty light and only showed when i wiped, it eventually changed to red then pink then brown then red again ... each time i think its stopping it starts again ... its now been 2 weeks and still spotting.

I am terrified i have some dreaded diease or something very terrible wrong.

I dont have any cramping or pain and is only there when i wipe up high in my vagina almost like where your cervix is ... would this bleeding be coming from my uterus you think?

I did go to Urgent Care and the dr didnt check me in there and just said its likely hormonal and gave me RX for the pill.

I cant get into see my OB/GYN until the fall.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Junior Member Array

hello i am having kinda the same problem i am 25 with 2 sons one is 6 and the other is 3 i have always had a normial period but this month it only lasted 3 days when i usual get it for 4 to 5 days then a day after it stopped i had intercourse with my husband and then i started to spot it was a bright red sometimes it would be pink and other times it would be brownish so that lasted for about a week and a half the past 2 days nothing so me and my husband tried to fool around again but after not even a min he noticed i was bleeding again so we stopped and i went to the bathroom and wipped and sure enough there it was again it was bright red but now i am having really bad pains on my side near my hip bone through out my back as of tonight there is no more blood but i still have this pain if anyone thinks they know please let me know thanks so much

Junior Member Array

Default 1 week late .. help

I've been having the same thing. Heres my background im 24 never had sex and my cycle is usually regular. Cycles 28-31, my last period was normal and a few days after my bf and i fooled around and i started spotting only when wipe. It stopped and than it came back it was pinkish than reddish and back to pink. Spotting lasted about 2 weeks ranging from light spotting to period like and back to lite spotting. I went to the gyno and she didnt know why. All the test came out normal. Its stopped and now im a week late. Any ideas?

Junior Member Array

Default hey there

Same here I'm 24 my last period was shorter than usual, I had spotting for about a week now, first it was just brownish, now it's actual light red blood but only when I go pee and wipe myself is when you see it, I dont have to wear a pad, I dont have any pain. I'm desperate!! I see all of us here are asking the similar questions, BUT NOBODY IS REALLY GETTING ANSWERS. Someone please......

Junior Member Array

Hey guys,
    I just went to the GYN today (for my FIRST appoitment...most uncomfortable experience I've had to go through, thank goodness I only have to go once a year).
    Anyway, I went because I've had spotting for little over a week, no pain for anything else unsual. I had a pelvic exam and the doctor took a sample of something (it wasn't a pap smear, as i've never been sexually active). She said everything looked normal, but advised me to get a sonogram done to check for ovarian cysts that could cause abnormal bleeding. I have an appointment for this in 2 weeks.
    At first, the doctor was telling me that spotting mid-cycle (in between periods) for 2-3 days when ovulating is completely normal for some women. When I told her that mine has lasted a week, she decided it was best to do an exam.
    She didn't tell me any other reason for spotting lasting longer than a week other than the ovarian cysts (that she said are completely managable by supressing them with the use of birth control) so it's probably not a serious condition.
    I'm praying that everything is OK and I'm hopefull that it is because I have a great doctor.
    I know I didn't answer any questions, but maybe I helped eased some minds. Of course, it doesn't hurt to go to the doctor to get it checked out.