Forum:

Thread: Really weird period this month?

Junior Member Array

Question Really weird period this month?

Hey all, I've had a really strange period this month and need some advice. I'm 24 and usually my periods are really heavy for the first 2-3 days, and then taper off for the next 2-3. This month, period came around the usual time, but I had some light spotting for 3-4 days beforehand, and the period itself has been much lighter than usual. When I gently inserted a finger yesterday, it came out with blood and a small clot- ew, gross, I know, but I had to know. But then, there's very little blood on the tampon when I take it out, much less than I'm used to. I have had odd cycles in the past when I'm stressed and whatnot, so it's probably nothing to worry about, but still I'm a bit concerned. Thoughts? Thanks for your advice!

P.S. I'm still a virgin so I know I'm not pregnant...

WH Super Moderator Array caterpillar79's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are you stressed right now? Do you feel any abdominal spasms/dysmenorrhea? Jot down your cycle and observe how it will be the next few months so you can see the pattern.
    What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

The clearest explanation for failure of any marriage is that two people are incompatible; that is, one is male and the other female. - Anna Quindlen

Register! | Rules/FAQ |Contact Mod| Contact Admin

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar79 View Post
    Are you stressed right now? Do you feel any abdominal spasms/dysmenorrhea? Jot down your cycle and observe how it will be the next few months so you can see the pattern.
    No cramps or anything... work has been kinda crazy lately, so maybe that could be a factor

WH MODERATOR Array Beautiful Disaster's Avatar

I wouldn't be too concerned about it exclusively. If you were having other negative symptoms then maybe it could be a sign of something else, but truly, the odd period alone doesn't seem like much cause for concern. Unfortunately, MOST of us don't have the exact same cycle every month. MOST months I have a 3-4 day period with 2 heavy days and 2 very light days. But some months I may have no heavy days and have a 2-3 day period, or a really heavy 3 day period.

Just pay attention to yourself. As cat said, consider charting your cycles so you can clearly keep up with what's going on at various stages of your cycle.

"Be what you're looking for."

"The next time you're thinking of kicking someone when they're down, offer them your hand and help them back up instead."