Forum:

Thread: Off Depo Shot for 6 Months and still No Period!!

Junior Member Array

Red face Off Depo Shot for 6 Months and still No Period!!

I was just wondering if anyone has any advise on this topic. I've been off the Depo shot now for over 6 months and i still have not gotten my period. My husband wants to talk about having more kids but I'm not even sure i can have Ovulate since i haven't gotten my period. Does anyone have any advise or something to recommend.

kaylar

Default Nothing To Worry About

I adored depo.
    I took it, then didn't get my period for
    one year after I stopped, then after
    a few horrible periods, took it again.
    Then didn't get my period for another
    year.

Then I decided to have a baby and
    I suppose everything was okay as
    she got married in September.

Usually two injections lasted a year
    for me...take one, three months later another,
    then wait. No period for a year.

Junior Member Array

Question Two weeks and still counting

I am not on B/C or any other pills. I already have 3 children and my cycle has always been regular, until now.
    My cycle started over two weeks ago and it's still going...it would be red then dark brown then I would have clotting and it goes back and forth. I work out on a regular excercise plan and I'm not extremely overweight (134lb). So I'm basically healthy and I don't know why this is happening.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Junior Member Array

Hi, there I have been in your situation this year too! I had been on Depo for nearly 10 years and I only stoped twice in the past to get pregnamt. I am 30 now and although I guess previously I got pregnant within a couple of months of coming off it, it was when I was in my 20s! I came off Depo just before Easter and I just got my first period last month so that's me taking almost 8 months, which is longer than I expected. I did a search on the topic befor and it turns out taking as long as a year or more is not unusual. My GP also said just because I haven't got my period this doesn't mean I am not ovulating so if you are trying for a baby it is a sensible idea to do pregnancy test every now and then and to take folic acid meanwhile. I have done an ovulation test 11 days after my period last month and that showed positive, although I only had bleeding for 2 days. Anyway, hope this helped a bit. I also found coming off Depo was a nightmare for my mood swings as my GP pointed out it used to block all my hormons, well for 10 years! No wonder I felt like I had permanent PMT!! How are you finding it yourself?? Good luck. Meg

Junior Member Array

Default Thanks

Thanks Meg,
    At least i'm not alone. I'm young only 25 and i have 2 children of my own already. My husband want to have 1 more child. Thanks for all your insite. It is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again,
    Shopfer

Junior Member Array

I was on the depo shot for nearly 2 1/2 years and had my last shot in May. Now it's January and I've had one (wimpy & short) period in October. My husband and I would love to conceive our first baby, but my ovaries must still be sleeping. I've spent about $100 on pregnancy tests, but they're all negative. I guess I just need to relax and wait patiently, but I'm kinda mad at the way the depo shot lingers in my body for so long. I don't think I'll ever use it again.

Junior Member Array

A friend of mine was on the depo for about 7 years, or somewhere around that time. After her last shot it took about a year for her to get somewhat regular again. But after 3 months of a regular period she found out there was a bun in her oven..

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array dawn9800's Avatar

jEEZ I had my period the 1st month beingoff depo Im jealous!
    [♥]Jessica Dawn[♥]