3. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

3 100.00%

Thread: How Can I Stop My Period!

Junior Member Array

Talking How Can I Stop My Period!

ok so i want to have sex with my boyfriend on new years and im a virgin but i have one problem, im on my period! is there anyway that i can maybe stop my flow for a day or two, i really don't want to have a mess going on down there!!! HELP!

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

You can't stop it unless you are taking birth control, to my knowledge.
    How far in to your cycle will you be and how heavy is the flow? If you are really concerned about it then you should just wait a week or so.

I get the impression that you are placing a lot of importance on your first time. (as most women do) Adding in the factor that you are on your period doesn't bode well, unless you have a very understanding and laid back boyfriend who will make you feel completely comfortable about your body.

Blog Entries

Like sourpuss said, without birth control pills, you won't be able to "stop" your period.
    Anyhow, your sexual parts are a lot more sensitive (ie, swollen and easily hurt) during your period, so you really should wait a week or so.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array metalbudderfly's Avatar

well there is a feminine product called instead. it is a product made for you when your on your period like a tampon or pad but it is a little cup like thing that is soft that catches the flow of blood. you insert it sort of like a diaphragm. this can enable you to have intercourse on your period with less mess. it is safe to use during intercourse. you should be able to find this at a walmart or drugstores. well if you do decide to make this decision on losing your virginity i hope it is special for you. but like everyone else has stated if your uncomfortable about your period then wait. trust me it would be worth it. well good luck with you.
    LYNNE

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

The thing I worry about is that unless her boyfriend is the sweetest and most understanding guy on the planet this has a lot of potential to go badly. Guys often time do not understand how much importance girls put on sex (ESPECIALLY the first time) and a simple comment about the mess or blood or anything could really make her feel bad about herself and self conscious. I would recommend to wait until she's off her period.