Forum:

Thread: im 14 and my period is late - 2-3 months

Junior Member Array

Exclamation im 14 and my period is late - 2-3 months

im 14 and i have had my period for about 8 months to a year now (since i was 13). I masterbate about 2 or three times a week but i havnt had my period in 2-3 months. The last two times i had my period it was very light and lasted a day or two. also i have suddenly started to have loads of discharge.

is this happening because i havnt had my period that long and its still irregular?

i am not too worried, just confused - please help ASAP!

December 2007 "Poster of the Month" Array

Hello.

You didn't mention any kind of irritation with the discharge, so I would imagine that it's just normal for your body, possibly related to the hormonal changes that you are going through in puberty. Everyone's experience with puberty is different, so it's not uncommon for you to skip a few periods here or there or to have one month heavy and the next month light. It doesn't sound like anything is wrong, but talk to your mom or an older female relative about this and maybe they can let you talk to a doctor to make sure things are ok.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Autumn's Avatar

alibaby is right, it could be due to hormonal changes during puberty... it can take a few years for your periods to become regular but if you are worried speak to a family member, friend or doctor.

Junior Member Array

Default period

I am 14 years old and I missed my period for 2-3 months is this normal. Or am I stll going changes in my body. I am so worryed.