Forum:

Thread: Bleeding two weeks after period

Junior Member Array

Default Bleeding two weeks after period

I'm 23 years old and for the past 10 years my periods have always been regular. 28-30 days apart. Every 4-5 months I get a particularly painful one, but it's always been regular. I'm not on birth control and haven't been for about a year. I am married and for the past year have used condoms or had my husband pull out (I know, I know...not legitimate birth control)

Well it was July 27th that I started my last period. Very normal, very on schedule. A day or two after it was over, I had sex with my husband. We were planning to pull out but as I was on top, I wasn't fast enough. But now, August 8th I started bleeding very lightly and since it's gotten much heavier, to where I need a pad but not nearly as heavy as my normal periods. I'm having abdomen pain but definately not like cramps. Also having light lower back pain. Feeling light-headed also, even when I'm laying down and have a headache that won't go away.

I'm having my wisdom teeth removed on saturday and am extremely nervous about it and thinking it may be a possible cause. Am planning on seeing a doctor wednesday or thursday if symptoms remain. Just curious about possible causes. I've been searching online and read it could be a miscarriage or cancer or a ton of other things. Any insight would be helpful to put my mind at ease.

VIP Member Array

in late may early june, i was experiencing the samething you are. and like you it scared me because since having my son i was pretty regular too. Even though i was bleeding something told me to take a hpt. so i did. it came up positive so i then made an appointment to see my doctor, after going to the er. they confermed that i had been pregnant but that i miscarried and my body took care of it naturally. Not saying this to scare you, just giving you my experience your could be something totally different. even still you need to go to a doctor and get checked out.

Junior Member Array

Thank you so much. In the back of my mind, that's what I believe it is. No real logic to it, just intuition. I even thought that might be it before I started researching. I'm going to get a test today and to see a doctor on wed or thurs. The bleeding has become very very light but the strange discomfort in my abdomen still exists. It occassionally moves back to my kidney area. It's not a real "ow ow it hurts" kind of pain like my usual cramps are. It's just an eerie discomfort. Nothing like I've ever felt before. And last night while trying to sleep I realized I was really bloated and still am today. I don't have any kids and have never been pregnant before.

Could a hpt be accurate after only a couple weeks?

VIP Member Array

im no doctor, but i believe so. i was bleeding for like almost 2 weeks after my period was suppose to be up n it still came up positive. have you seen any big dark clumps come out when you use the restroom if so and if you are miscarring then that was it. sometimes it doesn't happen like that, with my first one i had to have a dnc to remove everything. i hope everything goes well with your appointment. keep me in touch and let me know how it goes.

Junior Member Array

i was just googleing 2 week menstrual cycle as i am on day 14 of my period. then i saw what you ladies were talking about and had suspected the same thing. i have never had kids and my boyfriend and I don't regularly have sex cause we are waiting for marriage (well we tried to) anyway.....it's midnight here and as soon as i saw your post, i ran out the door to walgreens to buy a test (never done that before) i have the same dull cramp aches too. i do have a dr's apt friday so i'll have it checked out.

well i'm gonna go pee on a stick now......i'll post what i find......

Junior Member Array

Well I didn't make it in to see the doctor so now that's gonna have to wait. I've been bleeding for a week now which is longer than my normal period. I bought an hpt but it was negative. Figured it would be since even if I miscarried it would only have been at 2 weeks and hpts can't really tell that early. I still have a weird bloated feeling and odd pains that move from my abdomen to my kidneys and back. There are dark clumps but I just figured it to be blood clots as I do get that on my regular period occassionally. One concern of mine is that I've been anemic off and on since I was 6 years old. I've never bled for a week straight before. Tomorrow I'm going to get my wisdom teeth out, and I'm a little concerned about the amount of blood I'll be losing. I take iron pills regularly so as to keep my body in check, but I'm afraid that might not be enough if I'm bleeding from both ends.

Junior Member Array

Default help me figure out what is wrong

i was having very light spotting after my period .. now its been like 3 weeks and im light bleeding ... me and my bf always have tons of sex.. no protection ..never goten prego for 8 months now ... dont know what is wrong... i feel like puking but dont all day long sometimes ..other days im perfectly fine .... my breast look normal .getting a lil heavy but no pain ... i feel bloated ....but i think its cause im bleeding ..im 5,4 ..135 lbs so whenever its that time of the month i swell ...need to know possiblitys ...

Junior Member Array

I am currently experiencing the same thing as what Kalashnikitty experienced and I want to know Kalashnikitty if you were able to go a doctor about your condition and what the doctor said. Im really afraid to go to a doctor.

Junior Member Array

Unhappy A little worried...

Quote Originally Posted by beh_joanna View Post
    I am currently experiencing the same thing as what Kalashnikitty experienced and I want to know Kalashnikitty if you were able to go a doctor about your condition and what the doctor said. Im really afraid to go to a doctor.
    I am having some of those same symptoms and not sure what this could mean? The 19th of this month was suppose to be the start of my ovulation week, me and my boyfriend had sex on the 20th and then on the 22nd I noticed a little spotting which gradually got a little heavier but not to the point where I needed to where a pad. It it a light to medium brownish color and I am having a little bit of cramping but not as bad as a period cramp. I am not sure what this could mean and it starting to worry me. My last period started on April 2nd and ended around the 8th-9th and according to my days calender I should start again until May 16th. But come to think of it that period wasn't really heavy either. I only had to use a pad maybe once? Could this be another period that I am having or the left overs of my last period? I don't want to just rush to the doctor but I am not sure what to think