Forum:

Thread: sudden sleep problems w/ two year old

Junior Member Array

Default sudden sleep problems w/ two year old

My daughter has been going to sleep on her own for over a year now. I tuck her in , give her a kiss and say goodnight. Just recently she's been freaking out at the door, only going to sleep if I stroke her head. I don't want to go back to spending an hour by her bedside waiting for her to go to sleep. Any advise?

Junior Member Array

Default Sleepy time trouble.

With my children any change in their home even somebody just sleeping over will cause a meltdown. If you dont want to co sleep ( which I highly recomend) then you will just have to indulge her and take the time to make her feel comfortable enough to fall asleep. she is most likely feeling insecure for some reason and its your responsibility to help her overcome that. Try a sleeping ritual that you dont ever break from. Its hard but it wont last forever. Good Luck.

My son actually went through that at age two. He was perfectly independent since birth, and then age two struck. He would knock on my door every night or attempt to sneak in my bed while im asleep. Some nights he got me. I had to be consistent and remind him of the routine daily. #1 bath #2 bedtime story #3 bedtime. No exceptions.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My kids and I had a family bed until the youngest was 5. This realy wasn't an issue.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array OG612's Avatar

How old is your daughter? I'm currently working on a hypnosis program for females of all ages.

OG
    Through hypnosis, I create confident men and women to succeed in all facets of their lives. This place will soon get very interesting

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kids sleep patterns can change, it's normal and usually adjusts in a few weeks. Overstimulation can be one cause but I think the most common is that while they learn gradually they also take huge leaps. It's so cool, sometimes you actually see it happen, the light in their eyes, they just "got" it and all at once they understand or can do things at a whole new level. Then they'll sort of level off again for a while. When this happens, they are seeing the world in a new way and can need some reassurance or some help calming at the end of the day. Having a routine really helps.