Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Gain Tablets

WH Super Moderator Array x.st.angel.x's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Weight Gain Tablets

Hey everyone all my life i have struggled with being underweight...i tried this weight gain program and i manged to gain 1 kilo in 2 weeks and i jumped on the scale today and i lost it again....so frustrating so now im turning to science...does anyone know of any tablets that slow down metabolism? i know they exist (i used to live in south africa and once i moved they invented the stuff...how ironic) anyways its called natura struma (1 or 2) but i cannot import to where i am now (australia) sooo anyone...please help? maybe even something i can import would be fine
    Lifes not about how many breaths you take its about how many moments take your breath away!

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars

Blog Entries

anyone? please
    Lifes not about how many breaths you take its about how many moments take your breath away!

VIP Member Array

Don't worry about tablets. Gaining weight is pretty simple: just eat bigger portions and, while you're at it, build some muscle mass by hitting the gym. Muscle weighs more than fat and it'll keep you looking toned as you put on weight from fat.

Be warned though, if you gain weight too quickly you might get stretch marks. I learned this the hard way... I weighed 54.5 kg at age 19 (and I'm a guy) until I dropped my vegetarian diet and did exactly what I'm recommending to you. Now, at 70.5 kg, I'm much stronger and healthier, but I got there a little too fast for my skin to adapt.

Blog Entries

Hey Haven good advice but the problem is i have tried all that. My weight problem is due to my metabolism being freakishly fast! It's like that with my entire family. My weight bugs me so much, i went to gym for months and it did nothing so i gave up on disapointment. I went onto a weight gain diet plan and that also was unsuccessful im currently now on another one and im slowly getting discouraged as im seeing no results....

VIP Member Array

When you try something and it doesn't work, the problem isn't always with what you tried - sometimes, it's in how hard you tried. Did you eat double portions of everything? Were you having snacks between meals and snacks between snacks? The weight gain diet you used was probably for people with average metabolisms, you might need more fuel for your fire.

If you make a conscious effort to "pig out" there's no way you can fail to gain weight. Apparently some people do it as a hobby. Read this:

Well, I finally made it to 492 lbs (223.63 kg). Which is 8 pounds off from officially being a quarter of a ton. After a very foody day [hot dogs, ice cream, 2/3 lb. bacon cheese burger with extra mayo, fries, a cookie dough shake, a triple peanut butter hot fudge sundae, five rice krispie treats, some soda, and a bag of five more burgers from Braum's] I am pretty bloated.
    Follow a diet plan like that and your metabolism won't stand a chance!

(Seriously though, don't just eat fat - eat a lot but keep hitting the gym so you convert as much protein as you can into muscle. You'll also want to stop well short of your ideal weight, because your metabolism slows down as you age and your new eating habits might be more difficult to wean yourself off of than you might think.)

Blog Entries

hey thanks for that! im going to try my best for the next month or 2 and if i see results i know i'll continue!!

Junior Member Array

I suffer from the same problem. I'm tall and my proportions are just a bit bigger than those of a supermodel. (Yes it's scary thin) I've tried gaining pounds by overeating tons of unhealthy foods but I've never liked the results. (It all just goes to my butt and legs) Next I tried hitting the gym and going for runs, but I just ended up losing more weight than I started with. (NOT the weight in my butt grrr stupid butt) Finally I asked the guys from my high school's football team and they directed me straight to the weights. To my suprise it's actually working! My arms and legs are gaining just a bit of definition and my butt is starting to firm up. Despite my medication for ADD which curbs my weight, I find that after every work out I'm starving and a heaping plate of carb filled speghetti hits the spot! The trick for me was switching jogs with weights, and junk foods that my metabolism would just burn off quickly with three solid meals that cover all the food groups and especially emphasize good carbs and protien.

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x.st.angel.x View Post
    Hey Haven good advice but the problem is i have tried all that. My weight problem is due to my metabolism being freakishly fast! It's like that with my entire family. My weight bugs me so much, i went to gym for months and it did nothing so i gave up on disapointment. I went onto a weight gain diet plan and that also was unsuccessful im currently now on another one and im slowly getting discouraged as im seeing no results....
    I had the same problem when I was young. Definitely don't stop the gym, it's good for you no matter what. You basically need to eat more calories than you are burning. That means, bigger meals, more often.

Can you give us a sample of a typical day's diet? That way we can help you make healthy adjustments.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Register! | Rules/FAQ | Contact Mod

Junior Member Array

Default Hey

Hey

Iv had this problem all my life, Im 5"4 and at the moment weight 7 stone, 2 stone below the recommended weight for my hight. And have an extremly fast metabolism
    It is actually possible to gain weight, I reached 9 Stone before i became ill and lost it all again, However the the only to gain weight is to eat yourself out of house and home
    You need to take in at least 4000 calories per day, I went for all very high calorie foods and ate as much as possible each day, Even when your not hungery you have to force yourself to eat.
    But you need to eat healthy foods for your main meals but i eat alot of junk food aswell during for snacks but i always go for the likes for snickers or mars cos they have over 400 calories per bar.
    Vitaims are also good and i take creatin ethyl ester which is good for weight gain and can be bought cheap on ebay.
    Below is what i would eat in a typical day.

Breakfast - Bowl cereal full fat milk,2 toast with butter,1 orange with fruit juice(high calorie), 1 creation tab
    Snack - Muffin or 2 cereal bars or crisps
    Lunch - Pasta or sandwich with soup, 4 biscuts, full fat yogurt
    Snack - Bar choc / crisps / crackers an cheese
    Dinner - Steak / Chicken with potatoes and veg or pasta and chicken.
    Snack - Large Yop (high calorie). Mcdonalds, Chinese Idian / Toasty with cheese.

Thats just a few things i eat but try to eat as much as you can everyday and snack as much as possible.

Hope this helps

VIP Member Array

move to America?

Hmm..this is a very interesting topic. I do wonder if people are looking into this. This is a well-known issue..but perhaps not as lucrative as weight loss industry?
    Mighty Grasshopper
    Health, wellness and fitness enthusiast and blogger

Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
    - Henry Ford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast