Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Always Feel Sleepy

Junior Member Array

Default I Always Feel Sleepy

i always feel sleepy even if i slept for 8 hours... what could be the cause?? and any recommendations??? thank u

WH Super Moderator Array patricias213's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesea View Post
    i always feel sleepy even if i slept for 8 hours... what could be the cause?? and any recommendations??? thank u
    When i had Jaundice i felt really sleepy all the time.

If there are too many red blood cells retiring for the liver to handle, yellow pigment builds up in the body. When there is enough to be visible, jaundice results and it causes sleepiness. Do you noticed any yellow stains on your clothing?

This can also be because of a poor diet and lack of excercise.
    ~♥Þátrìçìá♥~

Junior Member Array

I am in the same boat, my 3 yr old son gets me out of bed when he gets up and then I am ready to go back to bed. I am about to start Herbalife, not sure which product but I have seen some of the effects that their product give and it sound hopeful. I talked to a lady in Maine and she had the same problem now she says that she gets up before her alarm clock and has tons of energy.

Junior Member Array

Default Expert

There's a site you can go to and ask this question to a Nurse Practitioner!

They also have a fitness expert! Good Luck and Good Night!
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 09-16-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Senior Member Array tropicalgrl1's Avatar

Hi Bluesea~ it could be a number of things...
    Are you taking a multi vitamin?
    Are you excercising regularly?
    Are you drinking enough water?
    are you eating breakfast with a bit of protein incorporated
    Do you drink a lot of coffee, more than 3 cups a day

I find when I lack the first 4 things and drink too much coffee I feel tired.

Also, try this for a little detox and energy.
    Every morning first thing
    1 cup of warm water 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
    dont sweeten it...just drink it down
    do it every morning for at least a week then decide how you feel

Also, you may be suffering from sleep apnea or snoring which can prevent you from getting enough deep REM sleep. Which will result in you feeling tired.
    Common in people who are overwight or suffer from allergies and/or deviated septums.
    Creativity is the ability to illustrate what is outside the box from within the box.

VIP Member Array

Hold your noise while you drink the apple cider vinegar and you wont taste it. A lot of people dont know that if you need to drink something that tastes terrible just hold you noise drink it and then drink something else to chase the taste down. Anyhow, lots of things. Have you seen a Dr? I myself have insomnia but there are reasons for everything.

Do you have kids?
    Do you sleep alone or significant other do they snore?
    Are you depressed?

Over all sometimes your body just needs rest. Stress is high for everyone right now. So best thing to do is to see a dr. get some blood work done and see if you have something going on. If all is ok, maybe just spend a weekend catching up on some more sleep. The body may just need it.

Good luck

Junior Member Array

just drink more water and cut back on breads .. up the fruit especially greapefruit - increases metabolism = engery production

Junior Member Array

About a year ago I was feeling the same way, I also had other symptoms as well. But feel really tired was a major one. I later found out it was my thyroid that was burnt out.

Just a suggestion you might want to go to your doctors and get some blood work done.
    It can't hurt, I wish I would have gone to see my doctor sooner.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

i suffer from sleep anponea, which i now control with by using a mouthguard, that keeps my airways open, do you snore really loudly or suffer from interupted sleep. it can be caused by being overweight or can be genetic, its certainly something to consider.

Junior Member Array

Smile Lacking Iron

Hey there
    I ahd exactly the same problem as you, i actually still feel sleepy, but its not as bad now. I went for blood tests and the results showed that i was lacking iron. Maybe you'd wanna try a multivitamin or a iron supplement. Since iv been on the iron tabs i feel much more energised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast