Forum:

View Poll Results: Is over seas cosmetic surgery safe?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way! It's too risky!

5 19.23%
  • Not sure.

5 19.23%
  • Yes, but only if you do careful research.

14 53.85%
  • Yes. It doesn't matter what country you are in.

2 7.69%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over seas plastic surgery?

Junior Member Array

in my opinion there is the pros and the cons i went to ecuador to get my nose done, and my big mistake was i didn't do any research. so he gave me a micheal jackson nose it was pushed up like a pig nose. so it was horrific. certified i didn't check. he was new and hadn't operated much on noses more on breast implants and butt implants. it is important also to check the dr speciality i learned the hard wasy so someone told me of this other doctor dr bracho. it was such a difference i went to his office i saw his certificates on the wall and it was definately a professional consultation he did computer images, and showed me exactly what was going to be done, and explained it won't be 100% like the computer imagebut very close to it. i did my second surgery with him and i was more than happy i wish i had done my research and gone to him first. if anyone has any tips on research of how to find out in south america if there board certified or feed back please let me know. im going back to ecuador. Another con is if they mess up it is important to ask if they will redue it, in case god forbid an infection that rarely happens some may not. make sure you get info or something signed what will they do or promise if somthing does go wrong will they refund you do it over? i saw in bolivia that they promise or guarantee to fix if there is a problem. in the US your more protected. i would definately do it oversees if i positively know and do in DEPTH RESEARCH if hes board certified ? does he go the meetings held?testimonials? listed in magazines or news as top plastic surgeons, any lawsuits pending not sure how to check that oversees i know in us you can. etc on top you save half than the the price of US sometimes even little more than half i have been comparing prices. in south america and mexico is pretty cheap too. argentina i didn't find that cheap for their prices i would rather do it in US. i found cheaper so far in ecuador and peru. any tips on research in south america please write me thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AFemaleProdigy View Post
    With all the controversy in the US these days about going over seas to get cosmetic surgery, I wonder where you ladies stand in the matter? Many women will go anywhere for plastic surgery just for the sake of saving money or because they were denied by a US doctor. So I have some questions for you and I would like to hear from ladies in the US as well as different countries...

Do you agree with seeking out overseas surgeons to save money? Do you think it is risky? Would you do it?

Have any of you had any experience with this or know of anyone who has? Was it a good or bad experience? Was it worth it?

Thanks ladies! I think this might be helpful to a lot of women who are considering over seas plastic surgery.
    Last edited by womens-health; 11-07-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: outbound links not allowed

Junior Member Array

in my opinion there is the pros and the cons i went to ecuador to get my nose done, and my big mistake was i didn't do any research. so he gave me a micheal jackson nose it was pushed up like a pig nose. so it was horrific. certified i didn't check. he was new and hadn't operated much on noses more on breast implants and butt implants. it is important also to check the dr speciality i learned the hard wasy so someone told me of this other doctor dr bracho. it was such a difference i went to his office i saw his certificates on the wall and it was definately a professional consultation he did computer images, and showed me exactly what was going to be done, and explained it won't be 100% like the computer imagebut very close to it. i did my second surgery with him and i was more than happy i wish i had done my research and gone to him first. if anyone has any tips on research of how to find out in south america if there board certified or feed back please let me know. im going back to ecuador. Another con is if they mess up it is important to ask if they will redue it, in case god forbid an infection that rarely happens some may not. make sure you get info or something signed what will they do or promise if somthing does go wrong will they refund you do it over? i saw in bolivia that they promise or guarantee to fix if there is a problem. in the US your more protected. i would definately do it oversees if i positively know and do in DEPTH RESEARCH if hes board certified ? does he go the meetings held?testimonials? listed in magazines or news as top plastic surgeons, any lawsuits pending not sure how to check that oversees i know in us you can. etc on top you save half than the the price of US sometimes even little more than half i have been comparing prices. in south america and mexico is pretty cheap too. argentina i didn't find that cheap for their prices i would rather do it in US. i found cheaper so far in ecuador,peru and peru. colombia and venezuela similiar prices any tips on research in south america please write me thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AFemaleProdigy View Post
    With all the controversy in the US these days about going over seas to get cosmetic surgery, I wonder where you ladies stand in the matter? Many women will go anywhere for plastic surgery just for the sake of saving money or because they were denied by a US doctor. So I have some questions for you and I would like to hear from ladies in the US as well as different countries...

Do you agree with seeking out overseas surgeons to save money? Do you think it is risky? Would you do it?

Have any of you had any experience with this or know of anyone who has? Was it a good or bad experience? Was it worth it?

Thanks ladies! I think this might be helpful to a lot of women who are considering over seas plastic surgery.
    Last edited by womens-health; 11-07-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: outbound links not allowed

Junior Member Array

hi i dont know if this be any help i have operated in ecuador did the same mistake as your mom. they have great doctor there its up to us to do the research and find the doctors that specialize in that specific surgery testimoniala etc. Because with the in depth research with an experience top doctor there is a small 5% infection. A lot of them go to Brazil for their schooling or colombia which is great, and doctors go from US to Ecuador and there up with our technologies. and i feel she should ask what will they do in that case will they redo or refund incase your body gets in infection or your body rejcts implants or something. if they guarantee to take responsiblity i would go for it. i know some do take responsiblity some don't it our job to find out what is the deal with that. i just feel if they can do oversees the same surgeries with the top doctors and in depth research, why not save thousands.....you could put that moey back in the bank. in us if you finance a 8,000 surgery with the high 14% or more interest it soo costly when you can get a 2500 or 3000 surgery that you could probably pay cash or credit card with no interest definately makes a difference. and our youth is so much shorter than our mature years why wait to feel and look beauetiful..

Quote Originally Posted by suzykapoozey View Post
    My mom went to South America (her native country) and had a few things done. Lots of people go to ecuador and columbia to sav ethe money. The problem is that the post op could be a very long procedure. If something like an infection happens, you would have no one to turn to. In addition, no one to blame. My mom had a reduction and had a part of her severly ruined. Yet, she is planning to go get ANOTHER procedure done but says she will research her Dr. a little better this time. glutten for punishment? Well, its my mom....so I hope not. But personally....I would stay in the state to ensure that if there are ANY mistakes....someone would be help responsible.

Junior Member Array

Default My own experience

In my experience it is not good to trust in all the comments positive or negative you listen or read, sometimes is better to do our own research to know if everything is true or not, in my experience I am happy to say that I spent my time researching a good option for me talking about quality price, after 3 months talking with Makeover travelís assistant went there.
    Since the begining I trust them just because they dont ask you any amount of money not even when you arrive, they just ask you your flight ticket to make the reservations and then when you arrive there after meeting your surgeon, the clinic and the hotel if your decision is to continue with your medical trip you can pay.

After a year I have not regrets at all!

VIP Member Array

yes but only if they are world renowned physicians.
    Hatred is formed because of ignorance and bigotry, not intelligence or rationalization.

Junior Member Array

STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAYYYY!!
    Ok, I fell for makeover travel YOU GUYS SHOULD NOT!! I did so much research and all I found online was good feedback. Looking back at all the grammar and spelling in the postings I can totally tell that ALL those postings are written by makeover travel, NOT PATIENTS. I had a terrible experience, it was a complete waste of money and I look like a clown. Here is a brief summary, and please don't hesitate to ask me for more information or pictures or whatever, I have everything.
    1)They did not come to the airport to pick me up. They "forgot" me and you can imagine my fear, I almost got on a plane and went back home!! I sat in the airport for 4 hours until someone was able to contact the "agency".
    2)The surgeon had never seen my picture, and I did not have any kind of appointment booked. Everything they send you that says that the surgeon has approved and you have a certain booked time is completely false. I was taken to the clinic and squeezed in between other patients. The doctor spent about 3 minutes looking at what I wanted done and the picture I brought. The picture was off the makeover travel site that dr. milton had supposedly done that surgery and he had never even seen it before!!
    3) Day of my surgery: I went to the clinic at 9am and finally had my surgery done at 7pm because the "agency" doesn't really book appointments they just try to squeeze you in whenever theres a minute.
    4) I say "agency" because no such thing exists. There is no office, there is only Monica and her boyfriend Jeremy. THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS AVAILABLE AND DO NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONES 85% OF THE TIME. Also, there are no nurses to come along and help you at the hotel. THAT IS ALL COMPLETELY FALSE. Other than collect your money, take you to the initial meeting with the doctor and one post op meeting, the "agency" does NOTHING: you are completely on your own. You may as well pick your own doctor and just go there because I discovered that if you do not book through the agency you will pay about 1/4 of the price they are charging! so they're ripping you off too!!
    5) Post operation was great, I was in bed for about 1/2 a day. Thats all.
    6) One girl who was there and got buttocks implants got an infection so the surgeon put in new implants. Those got infected as well as she was smart enough to stay longer than 2 weeks and realized the infection. Makeover travels "guarantee" did not cover the cost of her hospital stay and she had to get her mother back home to get her a loan so she could pay for the hospital stay. She had extensive scarring and was in very bad shape when I left. I hope shes ok.
    7) Another girl had multiple surgeries done all in one session. She had liposuction in 3 places, fat injection into her butt, a boob job and a nose job. May I add that this was all done in one session which is extremely unprofessional and dangerous. Her post op healing was great though. But after 3 days she realized that one of her boobs was now pointing to the left instead of pointing straight ahead. And i dont mean a little to the left: COMPLETELY SIDEWAYS. When she mentioned her concern they made up excuses but after insisting that they redo it, the surgeon redid the surgery for her BUT makeover travel charged her for it!!!!!!. AGAIN, THERE WAS NO GUARANTEE. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THEIR FAULT!!! She was also unhappy with her other surgeries as there was only minimal change but they refused to help her with that.
    8) When you are there for 2 weeks, every single concern that you have is brushed off as swelling. If your not happy with something, "don't worry, its just swelling, that will all go away soon". It doesn't.
    9) Thats what happened to me. I had my procedures done, and I really thought it was a joke. I won't say what I had done here, (if you want to know email me, I have pics), but it was completely wrong. there are bumps of tissue and it looks completely ridiculous. When I went to my gp here, she said that the bandaging must have been put on crooked or else this would not have happened.
    10) Oh and also, your not given any post operation advice on what to do, and what not to do (such as shower, swim, tan, clean, clothing, food). Everything I knew was from my own previous research, and I had to tell the other girls that they couldnt go out in front of the sun or else they would scar because the doctor or "agency" never mentioned a thing to them.
    11) All of us had lip injections done which we were all very happy with. It was around $300 however, and we later realized that the actual injections are only $80, the rest of the money went to makeover travel. When I came back here though, I tried to ask my gp about those particular injections or look them up online but I couldn't find a thing about them. My only guess is that its not approved here. However I love them and I'm very happy with them.. Oh and they've lasted quite a while.
    12) Not mentioned in the site, is that there is political unrest in Bolivia. At one point the airport was closed and we had to stay in "lock down" at the hotel because it wasn't safe. Also we almost got killed in a suprise riot in the shopping area. And that was last year... now its even worse. And no im really not making this up.

Bolivia has good food, some very good doctors, pretty good shopping (all fakes though),the nicest people, good weather but nothing else. Its not a resort area, theres no beach, theres no "tourist attractions" (in santa cruz). I would recommend you go there to get your surgeries done but I am warning you to stay away from makeover travel and dr. milton. Oh and I forgot to say that dr. miltons real name isn't dr. milton its dr.blanco and I have a bad feeling that all his credentials online are from a different doctor. Regardless, STAY AWAY FROM MAKEOVER TRAVEL AND FROM DR.MILTON. There are MUCH better doctors in santa cruz!! By skipping this useless "agency" you will be saving alotttttttttttt of money. For example: a surgery that would cost $2000 through makeover travel really costs only $500. If they were a real agency I would suggest paying the extra amount for the security but they really do absolutely NOTHING.

Like I said, feel free to email me for pictures, questions, and some suggestions if you do decide to go to bolivia but skip makeover travel. Now you can't say you weren't warned.

Junior Member Array

Default I was wrong!

I apologize for all what I said it is not true at all!, some times by ingnorance people use to give wrong, know I have realized.

Makeover Travel is a very good organization and they always try to help their patients, they helped me a lot and thats why I regret what I said in my last post.

I can not edit the last post, I wish I can do it but the forum dont allow us do edit any post so I hope that you can forgive me if I invented a whole story for nothing!

I was wrong!

Junior Member Array

I would like to note that the previous post titled "stay away" was solely of my personal opinion and experience. They are only personal views and not facts. It is not a formal writing but simply a blog and the use of words such as "you" do not necessarily mean the person reading but are a figure of speech used meaning myself, my experience.

Any information which is not regarding myself or my experience but of the agency (makeover travel) or the doctors involved is information that I was truly lead to believe was correct at the time. I have since been informed otherwise and tried numerous times to change the posting, or delete it but have been unsuccessful. I am now aware that Makeover travel is a very legitimate agency with many awards; they have an office in Santa Cruz and Dr. Milton has two names therefore the confusion.

However, my experience has not changed and is still what it was when the posting was written. I am still with a blotched plastic surgery and very unhappy.

One person's opinion should not be enough to lead anyone to a decision; extensive research is required before making such drastic decisions. I apologize if anyone reading my personal opinions thought that they were facts. This was not my intended purpose; I simply wished to present my experience of what had happened to me and my feelings.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a legal turn around?

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

Default Surgery in South America

If you are considering surgery in the USA or Europe I would highly suggest you consider looking into going for surgery in South America. Brazil, Colombia and Argentina are all well known for there surgeons and they truly are a step above there USA and European counterparts. The one thing to consider when traveling to South America is travel distance Brazil and Argentina are much further than Colombia from Europe and the USA. In the case of the USA, Colombia is 2.5 hours from Miami and Brazil and Argentina 6-9 depending on where you are going. Now you have exchange rates Brazil has the strongest currency exchange rate vs the Dollar and Euro therefore the savings is not really comparable to Argentina and Colombia. So in my opinion I would say you are now left to choose between Argentina and Colombia. I have been researching many companies in all of these countries and you can see from my written passage here I have done my research. When comparing all factors as to Board Certified Physicians, Accommodations, Customer service, Price, Travel time, and overall experience of previous clients. I would say dollar for dollar the best company I have found is Cosmetic Harmony. I have been receiving quotes from so many companies over the past 5 months trying to figure out with one to choose. My experience with them Cosmetic Harmony has been nothing but top notch. First of all they have as USA office in Florida. #1 thing that made me feel comfortable. They also have a Panama office and then of course a Colombia one. I requested a quote from them which I received in 2 hours unlike some other companies which I received weeks later or never got back to me. The staff speaks English and yes English I could understand perfectly. There employees are clients as well that is HUGE!! Board Certified Physicians another huge factor. When I asked to speak to previous clients no problem they gave me plenty and they are all happy with there results. They are just on it really organized and really professional. I felt so comfortable with them. There price was slightly higher than some of the quotes I received from other companies but seriously you have to consider this I am already saving a tremendous amount of money by going there I can't logically risk my health and safety for a few dollars. So there is my recommendation for all of you #1 choice Cosmetic Harmony. I hope this helps you all!!
    Last edited by Little; 02-08-2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: outbound linking

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast