Forum:

Thread: Baby's head dropping into the pelvis

VIP Member Array

Smile Baby's head dropping into the pelvis

Hi ladies... Im 33 weeks pregnant, and I was just wondering when your babies heads dropped into the pelvis during your pregnancies (particularly firsts as I hear it happens ealier the first time) and if that has any indication on when you will go into labor. My baby has dropped, and its the most uncomfortable feeling. Its hard to walk, and I have developed a pretty good waddle. If anyone has any stories or experiences about there last month or two of pregnancy, including water breaking, going into labor (or anything) it would be muchly appreciated! Im getting nervous/excited, and would love to hear about other peoples experiences on anything at all really Thanks!

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have a midwife she should be able to provide you with all sorts of info on this. Docs aren't usually as good at that. Every pregnancy is different, but you are getting ready and having the baby drop is good. The 33 weeks is generally just a good guestimate. Ina Mae Gaskin's books have excellent information on all aspects of childbirth.

According to the Bradley method, when you fell like you can't take any more, it's almost over? Have you started nesting ? You know, wanting to clean and organize everything in sight - that's a good sign you are close too.

Your baby can hear your voice, why not start reading to them? You can gently run your hands in circles over your belly. I used to play with my daughter before she was born. There would be a little foot or hand pushing and I would gently push back and she would respond - it was amazing! My son moved so little in the third trimester, I was afraid I might have have lost him - he's more than made up for it in the past 15 years!

VIP Member Array

Default Lightening...

With my first pregnancy my daughter dropped at about 33-34 weeks...My water broke at home at 38 weeks. My labour was relatively quick as far as I was concerned. My water broke at just before 9 pm and she was born shortly after 4 am...
    I am currently 37 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second child. He started dropping at about 35 weeks, but was breech until 34 weeks.
    Good Luck!

OMG do I ever remember the last 2 months of he11 or I mean pregnancy...lol

The baby dropping, having all kinds of wierd things excreted form your body...**sigh**...If I had to say the WORST part of any pregnancy is the last month...

As far as when mine dropped...I would have to say right about 33-35 weeks with each one...Except my last and he dropped early and I deleviered at 38 weeks...

One thing I would do at night and this is going to sound funny and if you do it, look funnier...I would get in the doggie style position and rest my head on my arms , it took the preasure of my pelvic while in that position...

It's almost time and soon you won't be thinking about it anymore!!...

Junior Member Array

My first pregnancy was in my mid teens so i dont remember alot about it.

Recently i had my third and he came early after a couple of slightly abnormal complications although all have been really different. Except the excitement during the first hold. I would guess you dont have long left but nothing can be certain good luck.

VIP Member Array

Aw thank you all for your replies! Its nice reading about other peoples' experiences. I feel pretty prepared for labor after taking prenatal courses, and reading dozens of books. Of course none of this can actually compare to experiencing it, which is why its so great to hear others. We read to the baby all the time, and I absolutely love rubbing my belly and having my baby respond! I just cant help but be excited to actually meet my baby! That, and to have relief from the constant pressure! I will definitely try that doggie style position you speak of! It would be so nice to have something that gets rid of the pressure, even just for a short time. Ive started nesting! I heard some women say this means the baby will be on its way soon. I have been organizing the babies room like crazy, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! So it seems pretty normal that the baby has dropped at 33 weeks from what you ladies tell me! Good luck with your pregnancy too Impatient Any other stories are very much welcome!

Junior Member Array

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and the baby is laying really funny on my pelvis and it hurts a great deal. I saw my gynae yesterday and it seems to be the normal thing they do and it will remain that way till I give birth. I have been put on a weeks bedrest to ease the pain a bit.

If you have major concerns I would say the best thing to do is contact ur doctor or midwife because even though we are going through it does not mean we know what is happening. I feel much more secure speaking to the doctor then reading posts. It is interesting though to read what every other mommy is going through, it really helps knowing you are not alone and u feel less paranoid...

Good luck with your pregnancies ladies!