Forum:

Thread: Chances of getting pregnant after getting off the Depo shot?

Junior Member Array

Question Chances of getting pregnant after getting off the Depo shot?

So I recently had unprotected sex with my boyfriend cuz we do want a baby and I have been off my shot for 3 weeks. My last shot was on April 30th so I was due for another shot July 23rd. I've been on the shot for almost a year so I only had like maybe 6 or 7 shots. I heard sometimes the shot stays in ur system for months after. A day before my shot was due I had spotting that lasted for a few days. Me and my boyfriend had sex last Saturday-Monday we had unprotected sex through those days. Do I have a high chance of getting pregnant or did the shot mess me up and I probably don't have the shot out of my system yet? plz help me with this question. its way too soon to get a pregnancy test and I will in a few weeks.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It depends on your body. Some people get pregnant at the thought of getting off their birth control, for some it takes their body a while to get back to "normal". It could be a couple of months...
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AngelFace View Post
    So I recently had unprotected sex with my boyfriend cuz we do want a baby and I have been off my shot for 3 weeks. My last shot was on April 30th so I was due for another shot July 23rd. I've been on the shot for almost a year so I only had like maybe 6 or 7 shots. I heard sometimes the shot stays in ur system for months after. A day before my shot was due I had spotting that lasted for a few days. Me and my boyfriend had sex last Saturday-Monday we had unprotected sex through those days. Do I have a high chance of getting pregnant or did the shot mess me up and I probably don't have the shot out of my system yet? plz help me with this question. its way too soon to get a pregnancy test and I will in a few weeks.
    it doesn't take long after, i have three kids. in which two were concieved right after getting off the depo. within a couple of weeks of getting off. i hope you got the right answer, it did for me. good luck.!!!!!!!

Joy
    Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array Joy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if you were ovulating then your chances are good.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Katsaly's Avatar

If you want to get pregnant, keep have unprotected sex for at least a month and pick up some early-detection pregnancy tests. Not much point in calculating your chances, just keep trying and checking and it will probably happen in a few months or less.