Forum:

Thread: I was pregnant twice with no symptoms

Junior Member Array

Exclamation I was pregnant twice with no symptoms

After reading so many of the same type of questions I thought I'd share my story with you.

With my 2nd pregnancy I did not find out I was pregnant until I was 4 and a half months. I had no symptoms of pregnancy, CONTINUED TO HAVE A NORMAL PERIOD, and had no weight gain (those were the days).
    Anyways, I only saw a doctor because I came down with what I thought was the flu that would not go away. I took flu medicines and I was still sick as a dog with fevers and body aches for 2 weeks. I finally decided to go to the doctor just to find out that I was going on 5 months pregnant. As soon as I found out there started the morning sickness and the weight gain. (By the way, my baby was ok even after all the meds.) Anyways it wasn't until then that my period stopped.

Four and a half years later my husband & I were pretty certain that we would not have anymore children. We used condoms each time & I was on the pill. We were EXTREMLY CAREFUL & thought we had all our ends covered, so we thought. I continued again with NO SYMPTOMS & A NORMAL PERIOD, but I had begun to have a headache each night after 6PM. I thought it was weird that only after 6PM so I thought it was stress or lack of sleep but after 2 weeks with my headaches begining to turn into migranes I decided to see a doctor. And wouldn't you know it...I WAS 5 MONTHS PREGNANT!! (I was pregnant even after using condoms and the pill EVERY DAY FOR 4.5 YEARS. WHAT?!?!)

So as you can see you cant really use your PERIOD to determine whether you are PG or not. So if you are trying to have a baby, I suggest that you eat healthy and take care of yourself just in case you might be. And if you are trying to avoid getting pregnant either stop having sex or have 2 or 3 back-up plans!!

Since then I had a cut/burn/sell it on ebay tubal ligation & wouldn't you know it that even now I am hearing stories that some women still for some reason are ending up pregnant.
    S.FL Mommy

VIP Member Array

I have heard of this before, the same thing happened to a friend of mine. The only way she found out was because she was having pain in her abdomen and she went to the ER. There they told her she was also going on 5 months. Thats so weird.
    I know this may be a little off the topic, but i have a question about your headaches. I have been having these horrible horrible migranes for the past week and a half..they usually come on in the late afternoon into the evening. They are so horribly bad that I feel like i cant get out of bed. I have never ever had problems with headaches before and Tylenol is in no way helping me. I know its not from pregnancy, but do you have any suggestions of what I can do to help the,?
    please let me know

Default Suggestion

I am reading the book What to expect when you're expecting and its a great book on natural alternatives to things that accure to you being that doctors suggest against any and all medications when pregnant. It suggest back massages, warm baths (not too warm when pregnant), foot massages (because there is a portion of your foot that has nerves connected to portions of your spinal cord and head that can be relieved). Try one if not all. Let us know how it goes!
    Miracles Happen

Junior Member Array

Default Horrible headaches

I have had headaches (Migraines) so bad I would go to the hospital to get shots of Demoral. But since then I have found that excedrin extra strength works pretty good if you can catch the headaches before it's a full blown migraine. Ice packs work wonders too. Check the internet for migraine triggers such as certain foods or even things such as (MSG) monosodium glutemate in your foods ingredients. Hope you find something that works for you.

--Chicana80
    --Chicana80

VIP Member Array

Thanks for the suggestions... for the past couple of days I have had NO headaches (severe or mild)> I thought that i might have been "home free" so to speak, but no yesterday They have started for me again.. today even more so. everything including sitting here typing is a bother i feel like i have to massage my whole face 24/7 in an attempt to feel a little relief. But like i was saying thanks for the suggestions and i will definitly try the baths, the massages, and get a bottle of excedrin.. i will keep you guys posted
    thanks
    <3

Junior Member Array

Smile My migrane relief

Tylenol nor the Excedrin helped me when I used to receive my migranes. What would finally help me get through them was to try to take a warm shower or bath and then (for some weird reason) get the room as cold as possible, and lay there in the pitch dark quiet room (sometimes covered, sometimes uncovered).
    I only saw the doctor because I realized it was happening every single night & that worried me.
    My mom and sister also suffer from migranes and I know this also works for my sister, so good luck. Hope it helps!
    S.FL Mommy

Junior Member Array

Default Wow

I really had no clue how many women out there suffer from migraines. Yep the same works for me; hot bath and cold dark room. I wish you all well and appreciate any tips on coping as well.
    --Chicana80

Junior Member Array

Yep, same for me, I get migraines so bad that I have to be in a completely dark room. If even the slightest glint of light shows under a door or through a curtain, I will throw up! I have been on everything imaginable, but the only thing that works is when I feel it coming on, I have to take a sleeping tablet (prescribed by a doctor) that completely knocks me out for at least 12 hours so I sleep through it.... even then it is atleast 2 days off work after each headache.

VIP Member Array

Im still having them and it just sucks that the only thing you can do is STOP you rlife completely for that moment in time to go lay down in a dark room... : (

Junior Member Array

Hi I have a very serious question like 3 and a half months ago I had missed my period n then got it in June but it was really short only 2 days and the same thing happened in July I was late and it was short only 2 days then August again I was late and it was short and a few weeks ago I noticed something very odd about my body I have been cramping on and off for the past few weeks and have been getting randomly dizzy and feeling super lazy but I felt like it must be crazy to be pregnant any advice on if I could be or not I feel like I am but I can't really assume I am since I haven't had signs for 3 months and have gotten my period please help me oh ya I've also seen some vaginal discharge on my underwear I'm not sure if I'm ovulating or if I'm actually pregnant
    Last edited by Latina-bonita; 09-09-2013 at 06:22 PM.