Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Know I`m pregnant but constant negative tests

Junior Member Array

Default Know I`m pregnant but constant negative tests

I'm 20 days late for my period (always regular) + have every symptom but a positive test result. My symptoms are: bloated, nausea, darkened areolas, going off food, 18 days late, no pms/pmdd, extreme fatigue, dizziness, tender breasts, mood swings, thicker cervical mucas, urinating more + higher temperature. Yesterday I was exceptionally tired + very nauseated - to the point of standing over the toilet retching! I've done around 12 tests + they've all been negative. I had my last period on the 6th April + we've been trying to conceive since September last year. I went to the doctor a few days ago hoping to be given a blood test, but was just told that they won't do it this early + I should come back in 2-3 weeks (very annoyed about this). I'm just assuming that there is not a high enough level of HCG for a test to be positive (the one's I have bought only measure higher than 25ml). I know that I'm pregnant + having all these negative pregnancy tests is wearing me down a bit. Has anyone else been in the same boat? I'm 26 (27 in July) + this is my second pregnancy; I have a son who will be 8 years old in October + I found out I was pregnant with him when I was 2 months gone. I suppose I'll just have to wait until I'm a bit further along to get a positive result.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Iseulda's Avatar

It must be very frustrating.

Stop taking tests. Treat your body as if you are pregnant but otherwise try to act normally and hang on for the blood test. Yes the time will seem to drag by but it will pass and then you can go to the doctor and get it all confirmed.

I hope you're right and, assuming you are, congratulations
    Now let us sport us while we may; / And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
    Rather at once our time devour, / Than languish in his slow-chapp'd power.
    Let us roll all our strength, and all / Our sweetness, up into one ball;
    And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Thorough the iron gates of life.
    Thus, though we cannot make our sun / Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Junior Member Array

Sorry if this is irrelevant I'm just needing support and advice. I recently had unprotected sex for the first time on the 15th,19th,20th and 23r of this month to which he came in me each time. My period was due on the 17th and iv been getting different feelings since. I keep getting cramps in my tummy as if I'm going to get my period and feel like I'm leaking but nothing but discharge. My appetite has been weird too I have been craving lots if meaty foods aswel as food in general I have been peeing about at least every hr and my legs and back feel bit tense and weak even running up stairs makes me feel faint andniv been sleeping non stop but still so exhausted! I took a test on the 23rd of this month but i understand it could have been too soon so took one this morning and did a quick urine sample in docs today but both negative. When I go to eat food I feel boaky and put off very easily and my friends have noticed my boobs getting bigger, my bra is almost popping off :/ my nipples hav felt incredibly painful and achy like sensitive too. Could I be pregnant? Please let me no thanks. Anxiouss
    Last edited by Liily; 05-28-2010 at 05:49 AM. Reason: 17 and strongly feel I could be pregnant

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Iseulda's Avatar

Well, yes, you could be pregnant - but it seems unlikely if the first time you had unprotected sex was the 15th and your period was due on the 17th.

All the feelings you are having could be pregnancy - or they could be the onset of your period and added stress of thinking you might be pregnant.

Some questions:
    What was the date of the first day of your last period? (please be as precise as you can)
    Are you periods regular?
    Do they always come every 28 days? Every 30 days? Less? More? Or does that change each month?

Like I say - if you were due on the 17th and you have regular periods the dates you had unprotected sex are not high risk. BUT there is no such this as risk free days and if you don't want to get pregnant you should not have unprotected sex. Ever.
    Now let us sport us while we may; / And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
    Rather at once our time devour, / Than languish in his slow-chapp'd power.
    Let us roll all our strength, and all / Our sweetness, up into one ball;
    And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Thorough the iron gates of life.
    Thus, though we cannot make our sun / Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Blog Entries

To the OP:
    25 units is a very sensitive test. And boo to your doctor! You can, too, have a quantitative HcG blood test done now! Asking you to come back in 2-3 weeks is silly. Is there a health clinic in your area? Perhaps contact them for a blood test.
    Your symptoms might be attributable to something else, but always best to treat yourself as if pregnant and wait it out. I hope you get the answer you're needing soon!
    Lilly - Could you be pregnant? Yes! You had unprotected sex, and as Iseulda said, there's no such thing as a risk-free day. Get to a clinic for a test, and if it's negative, get yourself some birth control. It doesn't have to be the Pill, even just condoms will do you a lot of good!
    Nature gives us shapeless shapes,
    Clouds and waves and flame,
    But human expectation is that love remains the same,
    And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.

Register|Contact Admin|Email Admin

Junior Member Array

I had a positive test at 4 weeks along. sometimes your body might trick yourself into believing your pregnant and your not. The only symptom I had that early was tender breasts everyone is different though, just dont stress and make yourself a appointment with your OBGYN and they will know for sure.

Junior Member Array

I am pretty much in the same boat as most of you I am 33 and my husband and I have been trying for 8 years now.......I am only 4 days late but I have had EVERY SYMPTOM known to man for over a week now......constipation, fatigue, nausea, soreness of breasts and blue and red veins, cervix mucus, headaches, dizziness, gas i mean everything but a positive pregancy test.....so i was thinking i was phantoming everything because i desperately want to be pregnant.(diagnosed with PCOS)....but at the same point on craving i have is for Spicy food and until last saturday have NEVER been able to eat anything spicier then ketchup.....i am eating stuff that makes my husbands eyes water and he can eat anything and it tastes normal to me.....i can make that up......i hate everything i love and love everything i use to hate.....at any rate....the day my period was actually supposed to be due i went to the ER because i was having horrible pains in my chest and insisted they do a bllood test...they did both a urine and blood test and they came back negative......which i guess i was fine with since i figured it was way too early......but the ER doctor said that his blood tests were soooo accurate that there was NO way i was pregnant......3 days later and still no period just cramps that i may start....hubby and i are waiting til i am a week late to go get another blood test....i am still keeping positive because i have been reading that some pregnant woman dont shoe HCG right away......i am taking prenatal and eating better like i am pregnant when i can eat being nauseas but it is hard to not be anxious when a doctor shatters ur dreams.......i KNOW I AM PREGNANT !.....How long should i wait......i am trying to see my OB this week so that she can do an exam....will she be able to tell just by that.......i am also Swollen ALOT my husband and i had sex a few days ago and he and I can tell a difference.....does anyone have any good news for me ????????????

Junior Member Array

Smile My Story

I promised myself that as soon as my story unfolded I would share it with everyone else in the world so that they could have some peace of mind. About four months ago I got pregnant very unexpectedly but none the less one week later I was sick with nausea and all the symptoms that come with pregnancy. The first month I had light bleeding but it wasn't like my normal period. Took at least two home tests and they came out negative. I wait it out for another month and again the second month light bleeding and some days it was a lot of bleeding. Adding more pregnancy symptoms this time I decide to take two to three more home tests as I at this point am still waiting on medi-cal for my insurance to be approved. The third month light bleeding for only one day and then it stopped at this point I'm going nuts and finally get my insurance squared away and make it to the doctor. They do a urine test and it came out negative. They insist that urine tests are 99% accurate and tell me they can do a blood test but that it will probably come out negative two and that I can have birth control and meds to bring my period back, I tell them no thanks. Oh and I have to add it was an OB-GYN and he checked me inside and said he didn't feel anything. Two weeks later I go to a clinic again,this time just a Physicians Assistant and they did a blood test and urine test and both were negative they check me inside again and said they don't feel anything and that I just wasn't pregnant at that time! At this point I'm about 13 weeks and I was so feed up with doctors that I decided I would just wait it out until a home test came out positive. I know I'm pregnant because my stomach is sticking out and I am feeling movement, but the doctors insist that I am indeed not pregnant.. That brings me to month four, I had no bleeding this time so I decide maybe a test will come out positive. I went and bought one at the store and sure enough before I even set it down on the counter it came out positive. It took my body 17 weeks to register a positive test. Everyone thought I was crazy and they would tell me all the other things that could be wrong with me, but I have had two kids and it's hard to mistake being sick, having crazy cravings I never had ever, crying all the time and so on and so on. Every possible symptom of pregnancy I have had. The moral of my story is don't let any doctors, friends or family decide whether you are pregnant or not, stick with your instinct. It may take awhile for the test to come out positive. When all was said and done I took at least 10 at home tests, went to 5 different doctors and had urine tests and they all came out negative and all the doctors wanted to give me birth control! Just be patient and it will work out when you least expect it hopefully sooner than 17 wks!

Junior Member Array

Wow, I know that since all of this has been happening to me i have been reading all kinds of stories about week and month after month of neg test.......but i never imagined that the doctors would misdiagnose as well.....so now that freaks me out because that was my next step going to see my fertililty doctor and have her literally examine me....I am hoping on everything that she gives me the good news sooner then later.....I know deep down that i am pregnant there is not doubt in my mind i have just never been pregnant before and i want to do everything right and so without the guidance of a doctor i want to make sure i am healthy if it came down to taking months to find out.....thank you for your story and atleast i know that i am not crazy !

Junior Member Array

Default anxious

So i just got a call from my doctor and she says it was way too early to detect from my cycle the level of hcg......she is having me take another test in two weeks......as she says everything sounds positive but nothing is for sure without the Positive test....which from hearing everyones stories i am starting to see that not even that is true......as my maind concern is that i am not at all eating healthy since i hardly can eat anything ! but she did say with reassurance that there is a reserve for the baby that will keep he/she healthy if the mother goes through amjor nausea which relieves me......now i must just wait....but i am sure i will take one next week and then in the two weeks she directed.......i am so wanting to become a mother... !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast