Forum:

Thread: infertility question

Default infertility question

My boyfriend swears up and down that he is infertile, yet he has never been tested. We do have unprotected sex, but he withdraws before ejaculation every time. At the moment, I am a little over a week late and trying to stay as calm as possible about it. I know people tell me stress can be an issue, but I'm not really worried or stressed about it because I know what the possible consequences are and am old enough to handle it. I have already taken 2 HPTs, both came out negative. I haven't had any signs of my period coming except some light cramps but they hardly last a minute. Normally I will cramp badly for about 4 days before I start. I know also that being physically active can have an effect on menstruation, but I have been consistently physically active since I graduated from high school, and in the last 5 1/2 years I have been a group fitness instructor. The only difference in my exercise recently has been that I run with my boyfriend once in a while, maybe once a week. I suppose that could be a factor? I feel like I might be just working myself up, especially since this is my first male partner that I have had unprotected sex with ever. My dilemma/frustration is that I told him that I was late, and he laughed at me, telling me it was impossible. That's when I asked if he'd been tested, and he said he hadn't, but he "knew." He didn't seem worried at all and was almost making fun of me for being worried. I don't know how to take this? I guess I should just go to the doctor and find out for sure, but I don't want him to know that I did because he will just make me feel more stupid about it. Also, we spend almost every minute together (we work in the same gym), so he would know that I went. I was thinking I could go to Planned Parenthood or some other pregnancy clinic to get a free test? Any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading, if you made it this far....

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

I'm sorry but there's NO way he could "know" that he was infertile if he has never been tested. UGH, some people... Let me guess, he thinks he's infertile because thus far he hasn't gotten anyone pregnant?

Question for him: If he "knows" he's infertile, why bother pulling out? Hmmm? As that is a "method" to decrease the likelihood of pregnancy. (By the way, the pull-out method is really horrible because pre-cum has more than enough sperm to get you pregnant. So, unless you are absolutely sure he's not fertile, that has to be discontinued.)

I'd say take another test in a couple of weeks or so. If you are pregnant, now might be too soon to tell.

I'm guessing he says that based on not getting any other girl pregnant. He was with one girl for 8 years, and I guess because she never got pregnant, he thinks he's infertile. Also, he is a very heavy pot smoker, so he says that makes guys almost sterile.

He also said he pulls out because it's more messy afterward if he goes all the way inside. (I have no idea, as he is the first male I've had unprotected sex with.) As far as I can see, it's pretty messy the other way too, so I don't know what the big deal is about a "mess."

With all that said, I'm not worried about getting pregnant nor am I looking for ways to prevent it. I am mature enough to understand that unprotected sex can result in pregnancy and wouldn't do it if I didn't think I could handle the consequences.

I did end up starting my period, but it still really bothers me that he is so sure that he is not fertile. And he will always make little comments, even during sex, about letting himself cum inside me and then follow with, "Even if I did, ain't no babies comin' outta there." Ugh.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

maybe it was HER that was infertile
    or she was on some type of birth control and didnt tell him

Yeah, I thought about that, too. He doesn't really know. His cocky attitude just bothers me. Ah well.