Forum:

Thread: 2 days missed periods,pregnancy test +ve but ultrasound shows no embryosac

Junior Member Array

Default 2 days missed periods,pregnancy test +ve but ultrasound shows no embryosac

hi all,
    this is my first mesage at the women health forum. i confirmed the urine pregnancy test from gyneacologist but she says embryosac cannot be seen in the ultrasound. however, the walls of uterus are prepared for implantation of fertilized egg. yesterday i applied HCG test at home that was negative but after 8 hours it became positive. so i visited the doctor. this is totally an unplanned pregnancy, i want to get rid of it at this early stage when it is a 4 week old pregnancy as'ap and don"t want to go for a surgical abortion. can anyone help me.
    thanks

WH MODERATOR Array Beautiful Disaster's Avatar

I'm confused. So the doctor did a urine test and says you're pregnant? So the urine pregnany test at the doctor is similar to the at home ones. It tests for the pregnancy hormone, which usually begins to release in your body 2 weeks after the sexual encounter. It takes about 2 weeks from the time of the intercourse to the time of implantation. At 4 weeks, implantation should have already occured. Did your doctor check for ectopic pregnancy?

You cannot get rid of a pregnancy without an abortion. Sure, you could do all sorts of crazy things but there's no gaurantee you're not going to be injured or killed by it, and there's no chance it's going to kill the embryo. Therefore, you could end up with a baby with all sorts of issues due to your failed attempts. If you don't want to be pregnant, get an abortion. Otherwise, consider carrying the baby and giving it up for adoption.

"Be what you're looking for."

"The next time you're thinking of kicking someone when they're down, offer them your hand and help them back up instead."