Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you have a "period" and still be pregnant?

Junior Member Array

Default Can you have a "period" and still be pregnant?

My last "period" ended about a week and a half ago, and it came a little earlier than normal and wasn't as heavy as my last period. I have had sensitive breasts now for about 3 weeks...and they are still sensitive, even this far after my period. I started to have brown spotting about 3 days ago, and I have been just plain EXHAUSTED. I've never had any sort of spotting b4, so that is what is concerning me. The last time I took an HPT it came out negative. Can anyone offer up their advice on what they think is goin on? I can't get in to see a gyno for another 3 weeks!

Junior Member Array
    Little town in Indiana, on the Illinois border

Exclamation Very frustrating, I know!

I am in the same boat as you! Let me tell you my story--

Jan 9-13- Period
    Jan 14th - Spotting and Cramps
    Jan 18th- Ovulation (suspected, I track cm,cp)
    Jan 25th- Spotting again -2 light brown globs (implantation?)
    Jan18th-31st- Mild cramps in mid stomach and sides, lower back ache, peeing all the time, crying for no reason, exhaustion (bed at 8pm) and my BOOBS HURT SOO BAD!

I tested 3 times in the past 4 days...All negative! Me and hubby have been trying for the past 6 months! I pray this is my month! I just dont know... as for you....sounds like me! I dont know your cycle so im not sure when you ovulated and so on... maybe try to get into another doc. to just get a blood test.. they are reliable and it would put your mind at ease... just remember to RELAX and stay calm. Stress can make your cycles a little funky. I dont know if this is going to help you... maybe someone else could tell us what is going on!

I feel sooo pregnant and yet hpt says - ... If I am not pregnant my body is playin a sick joke on me! Let me know what happens with you!

Best of luck to both of you...

Yes, I did spot and have a very light period when I was actually pregnant. My son turned 14 years old last Friday but I remember like it was yesterday... my period just wasn't the same, I KNEW something was different... but the HPT said a big + for me...

I know it's extremely hard wondering what is going on and wanting to know if you are pregant but don't sweat it.... go to the gyne when you can get there and take it one day at a time.

Also remember that certain medications can have the same effect, as well as stress and natural body changes.

Let us know how things turn out!

Junior Member Array

Question Still no period

Well I am currently CD 25, 15 DPO.. I cant test until Monday and I am really nervous. I am still cramping a little, breasts are very sore, dizzy spells, cervix high, increased cm. Does this sound promising? I am really hoping for my BFP!! What if it is still negative and I havent started? What should I do?

Junior Member Array

....Monday is just around the corner What I've come to realize, is this whole pregnancy thing is just one big waiting game. I'm really hoping that you and I are both pregnant I'm not sure I am (since I'm not getting a + hpt) but I have been sleeping a lot lately. Yesterday I slept from 12:30pm-4:45pm and then from 10pm-730am! That's alot of sleep! -My breasts are still tender and I've had some milky white discharge...not sure exactly if that's normal. But since the tests have been coming back negative, I'm going to assume that I'm not pregnant for this month. Good luck to you!

Junior Member Array

This month wasnt it for me either. My body played an evil trick on me though. I was convinced that I was pregnant! Then I started on Sunday morning...bummer! There is always next month

I try to keep telling myself that

~Baby dust to us this month~

I had implantation bleeding last year and here I'm waiting to find out what the heck just happened? So here I am back to thinking Yes stress will do this to you, funny how Stress is the way it treats us so badly why can't we be able to see into our bodies and know for sure that yes we are indeed 100% pregnant insted of this waiting game.

Junior Member Array

Unhappy still having one day periods can i still be pregnant

hope someone can help, in may my period only went one day and it was very light. did a pt test 2 days later came back - . my period came this month but again was only one day but this time it was a little heavier but still not normal. i have been sleeping more than normal , have lower back pain , boobs feel heavier, very bad insomnia with night sweats, dizziness for 2 days in the morning. havent took a pt test this month bc i started my period. i had my tubes reversed in october 2007 was pregnant 6 weeks later but miscarried. i am having a hard time getting pregnant at all now. even bn on clomid for 6 months now. but i need to know if pain medication can cause infertility ? i have to take it daily due to having scoliosis. does anyone know the dr had told me not to worry about it until a positive pt .just wondering if that could be the cause of not getting pregnant. i am hoping that i may be pregnant this month. and possibly may have gotten pregnant in may but test said negative . i havent taken one since but i have been gaining weight for some reason . if u can help with my questions it would be greatly appreciated.........

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Iseulda's Avatar

If the doc has told you not to worry about the pain med then you should listen and not worry.

As I understand it, without knowing the precise pain med you take, the potential problem is not with conception. The doc knows you are trying to conceive and is not going to be giving you medication that will stop that happening.

Once you do get pregnant (and you will ) you will need to change to a medication that doesn't cross the placenta - that's what the doctor is talking about. Between actual conception and being able to test for pregnancy (after implantation) you don't have to worry about your pain meds as there is no placenta for things like that to cross. During the zygote and blastocyst stages (after conception, while the cells are dividing but before they separate into embryo and placenta) your medication is not being delivered to your baby. After implantation, and once the cells have split to embryo and placenta, pretty much everything you take into your body you share with you baby. The doctor will help you find baby-safe methods of pain management.

Best of luck to you.
    Now let us sport us while we may; / And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
    Rather at once our time devour, / Than languish in his slow-chapp'd power.
    Let us roll all our strength, and all / Our sweetness, up into one ball;
    And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Thorough the iron gates of life.
    Thus, though we cannot make our sun / Stand still, yet we will make him run.

VIP Member Array

my mother in law was 7 months pregnant and didnt know it because she had a regular period.... so anythings possible...
    ~**Michele**~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast