Forum:

Thread: Why do women like agressive men?

Junior Member Array

Default Why do women like agressive men?

I am a guy(18 years old) and never had a gf.Not because I am a doormat nice guy,but because it seems that love is nothing I thought it is.The society lies when it talks about love.It seems that love is more about domination and submission,considering that women prefer guys that are usually agressive to them(not necesarelly to hit them).
    I think I could have a gf,but if that is love,the screw it.
    What I am curios is why do women like agressive men?I assume it has something to do with evolution.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would say Eu you are a very mature man..

Do you think it's aggressive? Or, "bad boys", nice guys finish last attitude?

Guys with Confidence another words, like to command to a degree, have confidence in telling how it is, ( not control), and a woman becomes submissive to this, falls for it?

Very good thread...

There are different types of people in this world... I guess nerdy doesn't suit alot of girls, but ones with a brain such as yours would...

Why pose this question? What has been your experiences?

I think in todays ages for sure, women work, they understand they have to, it's equality more than it is, he works I stay home look after the kids, cook, clean that part of evolution has certainly gone out the door...

Ambition? Ambitious?

It's good that you take the time to Annalise to a degree but don't put your eggs in one basket because there are so many different people in this world there is not "one" type.

Perhaps that is all you have met.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Banned from WH Array

In my experience, yes, women are attracted to confident and generally dominating men. Dominating as in they know what they want and will work to get it.

But men are also attracted to women who are confident in themselves.

Confidence is a good thing. It means you are happy with yourself. Others notice.

Good luck.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
    I would say Eu you are a very mature man..

Do you think it's aggressive? Or, "bad boys", nice guys finish last attitude?

Guys with Confidence another words, like to command to a degree, have confidence in telling how it is, ( not control), and a woman becomes submissive to this, falls for it?

Very good thread...

There are different types of people in this world... I guess nerdy doesn't suit alot of girls, but ones with a brain such as yours would...

Why pose this question? What has been your experiences?

I think in todays ages for sure, women work, they understand they have to, it's equality more than it is, he works I stay home look after the kids, cook, clean that part of evolution has certainly gone out the door...

Ambition? Ambitious?

It's good that you take the time to Annalise to a degree but don't put your eggs in one basket because there are so many different people in this world there is not "one" type.

Perhaps that is all you have met.

CW
    Well,sorry if I offended you lady(NOT).I HATE sarcasm.I couldn't understood half of your message,and the other half was only sarcasm adressed to me.
    Just to answer some of your questions:
    1:I wasn't refering to nice guys finish last(since the internet is full of that and I don't need to make a thread about this)
    2:I am not a nerd.
    3: I am not a doormat.I act okay with guys(go to a bear,play soccer,etc).What I want to say is...you know what,you wont understand anyway,because women see two types of men.Agresive(normal guys),and not so agressive(doormats).
    A friend of mine once told me how he fixed things with his gf.He starting yelling at her and calling her names and she made a big smile and was the happiest person all day.LOL.

Blog Entries

Oh dear

LMAO.. Which bit do you want me to take back?

It is all "generalization" I don't even believe in any sentence I mentioned you?

Rather stating good subject, maybe there are other reasons and anyways...

Leaving it to others to sifer what i wrote verses your response....

General terms, this type of post reply, without merit? Attacking a member.............

However, it's a debate is it not? Re-read again, my reply,.

CW

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My,my,my, looks like you just revealed the problem. Do you have a habit of going off on people like this? This is pretty aggressive, attacking and completely misunderstanding what CW said.
    She complimented you, you insulted her.
    She asked some questions, which you didn't answer.
    She suggested some possible reasons, which you either ignored or misunderstood.

There was no sarcasm except in your mind and your interpretation. You have negatively stereotyped women.

Love is not about aggression, dominace or submission. If you are basing your ideas on what you have seen in HS, you need to expand your horizons. Emotionally healthy adults base an intimate relationship on mutual respect, shared interests, values and morals held in common, as well as sexual attraction and gratification.

However, in general, people develop there initial expectations from what they have seen and experienced growing up. If they have a negative example from their parents and the adults surrounding them, they often carry these poor relationship skills into adulthood. Fortunately we have the ability to make choices and can decide to do something different but it takes work to change our deeply ingrained expectations and responses.

Oh There's assessment that it isn't aggression but confidence, that attracts both genders, is very true, again for emotionally healthy prople. Emotionally crippled people may be attracted to individuals they can intimidate and control or on the flip side, to those who are abusive and controlling.

Obviously you are very frustrated and not thinking clearly. If you want an opportunity to meet and interest young women of quality, you have to develop value and quality. Just that you have posted about this shows that you don't want the kind of relationship you have seem others have. My daughter is your age and has been with the same young man for 3 years. She is a beautiful, bright active honors student starting university on an almost full scholarship this fall. Young women of her caliber are not attracted to abuse, stereotyping and knee jerk reactions. Her boyfriend wasn't anywhere near her level academically although he is intelligent, nor is he physically imposing, he very slightly built and not into sports, he does have a band. He is polite, caring, attentive and they deal with each other as equals. Their activites include concerts - not just the music of their generation, but classical, jazz, blues, and classic rock. They attend plays, movies (often small screen art films) visit art galleries, museums, go camping and spend time with each others families. Sometines they cook dinner together or bake cookies. They've had little spats but have never verbally abused each other, do not cuss at each other, they are very respectful and appreciative of each other. Although young, they have a very emotionally mature relationship.

You can have a great relationship with a wonderful girl, but you have to create it and work on it and yourself constantly. You won't get there dumping on people, jumping to conclusions and being POd at the world. Work on you first.

Junior Member Array

[QUOTE=CHANDLERS WISH;102351]
    is all "generalization" I don't even believe in any sentence I mentioned you?
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
    Here you said I am a nerd.

Leaving this besides,i didn't mean to upset you.I understand that I am the weird guy here.Domination and submission have been around since we evolved as human beings and we also see this at other species.
    I was just saying that I always thought that love is diferent then what really is.
    I know you all say that I'm wrong,but I can go to dozens of forums where women say they like aggresive men.
    Ok,you want me to be honest?Well,I will tell you my story,so you get a better picture of me.

I was very fat when I was young.I had low-self esteem and I was staying indoors all day.
    I did managed to loose all my extra weight(and there was a lot of it)and then slowly I started to socialize again and reintagrate in life.Well,there's been 3 years from now and my social skills are ok.I am not shy anymore,I don't have low-self-esteem(i do have sometimes,but only when I'm really down) and I go out with friends a lot.Basicly,I am a normal human and not a social awkward men,has I used to be.I am also not afraid to stand up for mysels(which I was for a lot of time when I was fat and slow and couldnt move fast wnough to defend myself).Ironicly,when I was fat I tried to avoid combat and every guy was taking on me,and now when I don't accept their anymore,I rarely go to conflicts.I am not to good at fighting,but I noticed that if I don't give up and I am not afraid to take a hit,the others respects me even if the other guy is stronger then me.Weird,huh?

As for women,I am not a doormat.I treat women just the same I treat men.And just as sometimes I get angry on a guy and call him names and (rarely)even jump to fight him,I also get angry on girls and call them more names then you could ever imagine.
    So I am not a guy that i afraid to talk to women.
    Ok,I admit that although I'm not afraid to talk with women,I am afraid to ask them out or stuff like that.I just act normal,you know..

I was surprised to see that girls like friends that treat the right,but like bfs that treat them like .I always thought diferent about relationships.And when I found out what its really like and that society only lies to us when it comes to love,I decided to screw this.
    I act normal with women,but it seems that I will never have a gf.And I will never get a gf,becuase although I am not shy and i do become agresive sometimes,it just isn't me the agresive type that women want.So i'll stay out of this.
    Being alone all life is probaly bad,but meh,what can you do?

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    HS
    What is HS?

PS:English is not my natal language.Sorry for typing mistakes that I make in my posts.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HS is high school

Blog Entries

[quote=CHANDLERS WISH;102351]
    is all "generalization" I don't even believe in any sentence I mentioned you?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CHANDLERS WISH

Here you said I am a nerd.

There I said, that girls don't really like nerdy guys. However, your not one as you seem to have a brain...

CW