Forum:

Thread: sudden surge in sex drive

Junior Member Array

Default sudden surge in sex drive

My sex drive has recently gone through the roof. This came after a long period of difficulties in my relationship. When we finally started having sex again, its been like I'm aroused all the time. I used to get excited about sex around mid cycle for a few days and then it would pass - most of the time I wasn't interested. Now I'm excited all the time. I'm thinking about it all the time, looking up new positions, etc. I'm getting worried that there is something wrong with me. I've even been sneaking internet searches at work on positions and sex toys. I don;t understand how I could go from 0 to 100 so quickly - this started about two weeks ago. The sex has been great, but it seems to be with me all day everyday and this is beginning to bother me. Could this be a result of hormonal changes or some kind of illness? I've been getting very anxious over this and that is not good as I do have a history of anxiety disorder? I am 41. Any thoughts?

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds normal to me. You shut down, now you're waking up. The more you do it, the more you want it - that has actually be scientifically proven. I'm 51 and pretty much want it most of the time. As long as it doesn't keep you from getting things done, indulge this side of yourself a bit. Now if it's compulsive that's different.

Junior Member Array

Thanks for the reply. I don't know of if its compulsive - but I guess that was worried me - how strong the drive was becoming was beyond anything I experienced before - I guess it scared me a bit. I'm not thinking about it quite as much as I was. I mean, is it normal be at your desk trying to concentrate on a report and drift off to thinking about sex many times throuhgout the day?

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah. Just do a few kegels to give yourself a smile and save it for later. If you have an SO you could text him about how sexy you are feeling. Give him something to think about too.

Junior Member Array

my wife is currently 27 and i keep telling her that when she is fourty and i am 47 she will want it more than ever and that she should take advantage of every "hard on" i offer her now..lol. i just hope i can keep up when she gets there.

Junior Member Array

You sound perfectly normal to me!

Junior Member Array

I'm having a similar problem...and it's REALLY starting to freak me out...My sex drive has flown through the roof, I'm orgasming OVER 20 times in a day...and my stomach muscles are feeling like I've been doing WAY too many sit ups because of it. My husband says that at the rate I'm going I'll have abs of steel by the end of the month...and it's embarassing because just driving in the car and hitting a BUMP in the road sets me off...I wasn't even this bad when my husband and I originally got together, and over the past 10 years my sex drive had been virtually none existant. I'm 33 years old, and this suddenly happened a week ago...and it seems like it's progressivly getting that I need more and more...not reaching an even keel...

VIP Member Array

Me too, I"am my late 40's and its as if the light had just been switched on!!
    Been this way for about 8 months and boy not complaining.
    Don't think its hormones as I don"t think I have any left lol but think I might now have the time and confidence to think about who I am and what I want rather than my husband and four kids coming first all the time.
    Long may it last, just you enjoy the ride!!!

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

Ive always been sexual from an early age, but I have noticed the older I get the more hornier I get. My orgasms are constantly getting better and more intense and my drive increases daily. Its a cruel trick of nature that many men lose their sexual interest as they age as many women increase theirs hehe.

I wouldn't worry about it being an addiction, as long as you are not cutting work to stay home and masturbate all day or ignoring other interests or starting risky sexual behaviors (multiple partners, without care of safety etc) those are things when just being a sex lover turn into a sex addiction problem.

You sound perfectly healthy and normal.