Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effectiveness of using a condom AND pulling out

Junior Member Array

Default Effectiveness of using a condom AND pulling out

I'm 21 and back in October my boyfriend and I started having sex. We're both really paranoid about pregnancy. We've never had sex without a condom and he pulls out every time, but I haven't had my period this month. I took a pregnancy test when I was 3 days late and it came out negative. I've always been pretty irregular as far as my menstrual cycle goes, but I'm starting to get extremely nervous that I'm pregnant. Any advice or facts?

Junior Member Array

Yeah...it's EXTREMELY IMPOSSIBLE to get pregnant by using the method you are using now. The only way to get pregnant by those means would be pre-cum leaking out through a tiny tear in the condom...possible but VERY unlikely to happen. I believe in fate when it comes to extreme circumstances, so if I were you and I by that small chance pregnant I would except it as something that was just meant to be...but that's just me.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

dont worry you cannot get pregnant this way
    blaze is the messiah

Junior Member Array

Dont worry. I think using a condom and pulling out is a bit extreme. Unless you are totally dry and he tears through the dom after coming, then you are extremely unlikely to get pregnant if you use a condom.

We have been using nothing but condoms for 4 years now and no babies.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For goodness sake, if you are exclusive why don't you just go down to the clinic and get on bc? Then you can get over all this stressing. There is no need to pull out if you are using a condom.

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array shweedart's Avatar

yeah, bc + condoms is what I use...so far so good
    "You know the way a poem sometimes makes an absurd connection
    That's him
    Lyrically professing his affection..."
    "Never humour a fool for he will think he is a wise man"

Junior Member Array

Albeit significanlty harder to become pregnant with condoms and pulling out - its isn't IMPOSSIBLE! Abstanance is the only b/c that is 100%. If you took a test and its negitive, then I would imagine you aren't pregnant, but as suggested above, you should be on the pill if you are going to continue to have sex.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just did not understand all the young people coming on here talking about pregnancy concerns and not trusting birth control. Then I read up on the sex ed we've had across much of the USA for past 8 years or so and it became more understandable. Not only have much of our youth gotten only the abstinance only sex ed, but that has flat out misrepresented the effectiveness of most birth control methods.

People! Educate yourselves, you are mostly stressing for no reason and many young people aren't using adequate bc because they don't think it will work, that's part of the reason our teen pregnancy rates are so high.

Use condoms and dental dams (saran wrap whatever) to prevent disease. Get BC to prevent pregnancy!!!

Yeah, get onto birth control, tadaa no pregnancy. It's easy to use, safe, free (in the UK anyway) and over 99% effective.
    He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.

Junior Member Array

Yeah, I've been meaning to get on birth control. I'm really uncomfortable with the gynecologist, but being uncomfortable for an hour or so beats being pregnant or the health risks that come with not getting checked. I think I really just posted that for reassurance. Thanks for the advice, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast