Forum:

Thread: Arousal Question - can't get wet.

Junior Member Array

Default Arousal Question - can't get wet.

I am 21 years old and in a monogamous, committed relationship with my partner, I love him dearly and find him very attractive/sexy.

I have a high sex drive and look forward to our sexual encounters, sometimes I initiate them, sometimes I don't.

I masturbate regularly (always achieve orgasm) and get turned on easily, the oral sex he gives feels great but I have never managed to reach orgasm with him. Same goes for sex.

No matter how turned on I get before and during foreplay, as soon as we begin to have intercourse I dry out. I feel unlubricated and unpleasant during sex and I truly have no idea why - we have always had a healthy sex life and I have always been very into being intimate with him.

I don't really feel bothered by the fact that I don't reach orgasm with him - I have never had much success reaching orgasm during intercourse and have always been more of a giver than a receiver. Watching my partner achieve orgasm has always been the most exciting and satisfying part of sex for me.

In essence, I just do not want my partner to feel as though he is doing something wrong or that I find him unattractive. He does everything I want him to do and does it well.

Any ideas as to why the constant drying is happening? I am well hydrated, STD free and sexually uninhibited, so all of those factors can be ruled out immediately.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I'm in the same boat as you..

Are you on any birth control?

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Neaky View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you..

Are you on any birth control?
    I take ortho-tri-cyclen but have with former partners too, and this has never been a problem. the issue is with this partner specifically.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array amaranthine's Avatar

Talk to your gyn about the birth control just in case. I'm only 19 and I cannot lubricate myself, either. It turns out it was my birth control, not me.

I highly doubt your current partner has a penis that can absorb wetness like a sponge, in which case the only thing I can think to blame is your level of arousal, or the birth control.