Forum:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: increased sex drive in 40s

Junior Member Array

Default increased sex drive in 40s

I have been separated for 2 years now and in that time my sex drive has gone through the roof! When I was married I had lost all interest in sex but now I think about it all the time. I put it down to feeling good about myself again after 25 years of not, coupled with an increase in testosterone as I get older I am delighted but sometimes a bit scared of where it might take me and that it might doisappear again!!

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL been there done that! Over 50 now and still as juicy as juicy can be! It just gets better and better.

Junior Member Array

lizzy-I'm in the same boat, 39 going on 40 and horny all the time. Great observation about feeling good about yourself, you hit it on the nail, at least it was for me. And Wildchild, you are my juicy hero!

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I sure hope I get into the 'dirty 30's' hehe, and every year after
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Part of it maybe that as we mature we are less concerned with other people's standards and start to enjoy who we are more.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a strange thing, I thought the same, "Mature".

I think when we turn 30, we still feel 26 and so remain in that sphere but for some reason when we turn 40, we say "Mature woman" and feel sexy at the thought of all the lessons we have learnt and whom we have become.

I also think being with a guy that makes you feel like ahhhh "sex" if I have to, instead of lust and desire, passion, sexual, sensual, horny turns us off but when we are set free of this, it's "I am woman hear me roar".

I doubt it goes away, you just have the opportunity to enjoy your sexuality finally.

I love me now and taking myself to what ever level I desire...

If only my past knew how to seduce a woman on-going? damd... lol. Not, I wouldn't want to be anyone different, nor with anyone different than whom I am and whom I am now with.

CW
    Do we not realise that in order to find a soul
    It doesn't happen over night
    if truth were to be told.

Like everything in life that's hard to achieve
    you must believe!

Junior Member Array

Default OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyflynn View Post
    I have been separated for 2 years now and in that time my sex drive has gone through the roof! When I was married I had lost all interest in sex but now I think about it all the time. I put it down to feeling good about myself again after 25 years of not, coupled with an increase in testosterone as I get older I am delighted but sometimes a bit scared of where it might take me and that it might doisappear again!!
    Lizzy...I found this site while trying to diagnose what is wrong with me!! I am 48 and have the sex drive of a 16 yr old boy! I think about sex morning, noon and night. Even more exciting is I have found a lost love from 20 yrs ago that is just like me and we get together as often as we can since he is 5.5 hrs away. I was in a slump for the longest and after enough, started tanning, got a new color of Chrome to match the platinum strands in my hair and have lost some weight. I feel as good as I did in my 20's only having more fun. Sex is way better and unlike many of my friends this age who are complaining about having to "put out" and drying up, I am the opposite. I pray this condition never goes away.

It is so nice to see there are others out there like me! Now instead of feeling I have a medical problem, I feel lucky!

Junior Member Array

Talking Increased Sex drive after 40

We bought some sex toys a few weeks ago and it has been on. I can't get enough of my husband, what is so unusual about a month ago I didn't have the drive or desire. I don't know if it was the toys or just my hormones changing. Whatever it is I am having the time of my life, feels like when I was in my early 20's!!!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

If mid 30s to mid 40s are the female peak compared to what I'm like now, I'll end up putting my BF in a wheelchair or the hospital.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steph33 View Post
    If mid 30s to mid 40s are the female peak compared to what I'm like now, I'll end up putting my BF in a wheelchair or the hospital.
    LOL... And "older" love.

CW
    Do we not realise that in order to find a soul
    It doesn't happen over night
    if truth were to be told.

Like everything in life that's hard to achieve
    you must believe!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast