Forum:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Society's Obsession with Penis Size?

Junior Member Array mooseknuckler's Avatar

Default Why is Society's Obsession with Penis Size?

From a lot of what I read most woman seem to be (or at lease they state) happier with the average sized penis and complain that "Big" is uncomfortable or even painful... If this is the case, why do most people obsess over the size of a mans penis? By that I mean by using jokes and what not. This gives society the perception that "Bigger is Better" and makes a lot of men insecure about their penis size. I myself get insecure a lot of the time thinking I'm not enough for my lady and I'm average well I guess even slightly above (6.5") but a lot of the time I feel below, especially when someone cracks a joke or something. A lot of men seem to suffer from this but its probably due to misconceptions, so...

What do you woman really think about a mans penis? Not just the size but what do you think about it in general? Truthfully...

Feedback would be great

Thank you

Senior Member Array Chantalemma's Avatar

I have to say liek I always have.. size does nto matter it is what you do with it that does... and if you didn't have a penis don't you have a tongue and fingers...there is always a way arround it...If I felll in love with a man that was paralysed or my man became paralysed ( hoping it never happens to him) I would still stay with him no matter what... There is always other ways arround a situation and other ways to connect. Thsi is only my opinion on this fact.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Tina Lee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree. In my opinion size does not matter either..

I don't know why society tries to give the impression that "bigger is better".
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Junior Member Array mooseknuckler's Avatar

All emotional feeling a side though... What about physically?

What you woman like about the penis? what makes a one better then the other? why doesn't size matter?

Just looking for a more descriptive explanation What goes through your mind when you see a new one for the first time?

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

I think that many women joke, or say negetive things about a man's penis when they are mad at the guy because its about the only thing guys tend to be extremely sensitive over.

You want to hit him where it hurts after he hurts you, tell him that his penis was the smallest you've ever had and that will have him doubting himself ... maybe forever. It's such a cruel thing to do but many women do.

I have no idea why... in serious arguments men can say some harsh things but "you have the worlds sloppiest vagina" is usually not a common one... like the small penis one is.

Penis size isn't important for my personal sexual pleasure. My gspot is about 3 inches in and I am sure a small penis would satisfy me just fine. I do however like the look and feel of one that is a little bigger than average. Its just a visual/tactile stimulant to me.. in the way large breasts or a big butt might be for some guys.

My boyfriend's penis is in that above average category so I am always pretty excited to play with it. Is his size needed to keep me happy? Absolutely not. Is it a bonus for me personally because of what turns me on? Yes, it is
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I think that society these days puts a huge deal into sex more than ever before alot of things have become more acceptable to talk about, if you ask the average woman most of them will tell you that size doesn't matter, because quite simply most women dont worry about the penis so much its whats attatched to it that matters.
    In this day and age both women and men have become insecure about aspects of their body, men feel they aren't big enough, women feel like they aren't skinny enough or dont have the body even to the point of worrying about the size of their vaginas as well if you have a look on a few of these posts, if we didnt you wouldnt see the sale of things like the kegel masters and things like that!
    If a woman is attracted to a guy its usually because of looks and the way she is treated and the emotional side and when she wants to have sex its normally because she loves you and wants to feel close to you not because of the size of your penis.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It'sa marketing tool just like making women insecure about their breast size. The penis issue kind of puts the shoe on other foot so to speak. Maybe men should keep the feeling that kind of doubt and insecurity gives them in mind when talking to and about women's bodies?

Blondie, I haven't seen much posting about vagina size although there have been some about the labia, which kegels won't affect. Kegel Masters are a resistance device to work the PC muscle more effectively. A stronger PC muscle does make a woman tighter and give her more control which can increase her responsiveness and intensify her orgasm as well as her partner's. Stronger PC muscles can also decrease or eliminate problems with incontinence.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Size does matter. Too small not enough stimulation, too big, it can hurt. Average size works well for me!

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Each woman is different, as is each man. What a good thing that is!

Junior Member Array alicelovesrain's Avatar

I really honestly hate how men have this insecurity. I don't hate the men who have it.. I'm just saying I hate society for putting it there. My last boyfriend was sooo insecure about this, it almost ended our relationship. :/

Really, truthfully and honestly, size does not matter. At all. A penis is a penis and they all have their charms ^^

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast