Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many times is normal for a man??

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Theresa's Avatar

Default How many times is normal for a man??

My Dh is 49 years old and only needs or wans sex once a week or less. Is this common for a man. I thought men were animals!!!! I think I have come across one that is not.

He is a healthy, hard working man. We get yearly physicals and nothing has showed up that there is anything wrong with him.

I know all men are different but I was wondering if there were any other men that are close to my DH age that have any ideas or that could tell me how often they need or want sex.

My man just turned twenty, and only wants it about once a week. He's also completely healthy. Does your husband masturbate or work a lot? My S/O always wants sex less frequently (like maybe once every week and a half to two weeks) when he's working and busy with school work. If he's super busy all the time, a/o masturbating regularly I think it's perfectly normal.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Theresa's Avatar

I don't think he is masturbating but works very hard. Usually up at 6 AM and in at 9 PM. We farm and ranch so it is a very busy time now although he never needed much sex. Just wondering????

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everyone is different. I'd love a couple times a day, while I have a gf who'd like never. As long as there aren't any health issues, what's important is if you are on the same page with it.

Banned from WH Array Mrs Doodles's Avatar

My DH is 49 in december and he likes it 2-3 a week where as i would like it alot more!

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

Men of all ages vary on how much they want to have sex. Is your husband aware of how much you actually enjoy the sex with him, crave it, want it? Some men think that their woman doesn't like the sex as much as they do because somewhere along the line society gave them that impression, or their SO did, but either way... they may need a gentle verbal reminder of how sexy you find them and how much you miss feeling them ____________ whatever you miss feeling, more often.

While he may be too tired to want it himself as much as you want it, nothing wrong with that -- if he is well aware of your desires he can meet you in the middle perhaps or do things just for you sometimes.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Banned from WH Array Mrs Doodles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Dork View Post
    Is your husband aware of how much you actually enjoy the sex with him, crave it, want it?
    If she is moaning at the right times during sex he should know surely?

VIP Member Array

Theresa...

I have never found what a "normal" man is to be and if your hubby is defined as normal...does he have a brother...? SIGH !

Well, it really goes like this, Theresa, and normal, how much or how often is far from reality for a correct answer. Assuming he is not sexually addictive to masturbating (all males do that) and has no mental block regarding sexual abilities, then it comes right down to the basics of the male gene...his hormones...

Male hormones build while he sleeps...17 fold to that of us females...GULP...! Various foods we feed these beasts, especially high in protein as like peanut butter and dairy products, aid to produce more hormones for them and is reason why their sexual performance is usually better in the mornings than later in the day...

Good grief...how can he even look at me in the morning, much less ravage my body like a rag doll and turn my stomach into a boiling pot of...???

So then, with full understanding of his needs, and ours too. we do our darndest to work them to near death during the day so they will burn off most of those little buggy hormones and treat us more lovingly to meet both our needs at days ending...dishes done, kids are asleep, the bath is appreciated alone or together...the night has just begun and it belongs to us girls as soon he will sleep again and more of those buggy thingys will multiply all over again...

Do you have the picture now, Theresa...? Feed him the right things, hammer his nail in the mornings and do what you can to lessen his physical activities during the day so he will have some energy for you during the night...

ummmm...about that brother...???

Sandra

Banned from WH Array

Everyone is different. I'm younger than your guy - but once a day during the week (because of work) and probably twice daily on the weekends.

Winter time for some reason i'm not as ready to go as I am during the summer. Not sure what that is all about but it's what i've noticed.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a theory (I have them about many things) about sleep cycles. I suspect that if they were closely investigated, we would find that our bodies want more sleep in the winter and less in the summer. We do respond, some of us more so than others to the available natural light.

Ms D, many men assume that all women fake it, at least some of the time. Dispite repeated discussions that I don't believe in faking it and have never failed to orgasm at some level with him, my guy is still doubtfull. His belief in this is so deeply ingrained. Tell him - frequently.

Not all men do masterbate. My ex didn't, he never thought about sex. Apparently had been that way for years. Turned out he had testicular cancer and his body had probably been fighting it for years. But there are some who don't masterbate because of their beliefs. Men or women who have a really low sex drive should get a complete physical, some thing is probably out of line. We are sexually driven beings, the desire to reproduce is imperative to survival of the species. But aren't we lucky that we can do it anytime and without reproducing !?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast