Forum:

Thread: Clitoral virsus Vaginal Orgasm???? HELP!!!

VIP Member Array

Smile Clitoral virsus Vaginal Orgasm???? HELP!!!

I had a question concerning vaginal and clitoral orgasms....
    I've been using a vibrator since I was 14, and of course know the experience of a clitoral orgasm. My question is, how is a vaginal one suppose to feel like. Because I'm not sure if Ive had one or not. I'm strongly guessing the clitoral orgasm is NO comparison to a vaginal one. but none the less like I stated I'm not sure if i've had one or not.
    ~**Michele**~

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Back off on the vibrator, it reduces your responsiveness and good luck with this.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Back off the vibrator for a while. If you don't have a man in your life to help you achieve a vaginal orgasm, go with a regular dildo.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

I think vibrators lessening sensation is a complete and total myth. Someone pull up some proof cause all I've heard are guesses. I've been using a vibrator for use along with some much stronger forms of stimulation and I found I'm actually more sensitive and responsive to my fiance the next day or later that night. Sometimes after a really good session with a vibrator I find I'm extra sensitive for the next few days and want sex more. I challenge anyone to find any true facts that support vibrators lessening sensitivity because so far my experience is 100% opposite and I see no logical reason stimulation like that should have any negative effects.

As for orgasms from different stimulation it depends on the person. Some might find vaginal better and some might not. Personally my best was a combination. Get 2 vibrators or a dual action vibrator so it can be inserted and hits the clit. You can't really beat that.

Blog Entries

Actually, virtually All the info available on vibrators comes from the sex products industry. They are largely unregulated and untested. Many sex therapists recommend them as a learning tool. The increasing body of information on the role the mind plays in arousal and orgasm indicates that is where the real story is.

In the past year I have read a couple of research reports indicating that "excessive" (undefined) vibrator use reduces resposiveness to other forms of stimulation. My personal experience and I am multi w/o the use of any tools, is that much of the time, using a vibrator is overkill. But then I am so into this man that, often, his slightest touch can get me wet. That is mental/emotional and self training. I've trained myself to respond to him not to a machine.
    But to each their own. Whatever works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kira View Post
    I think vibrators lessening sensation is a complete and total myth. Someone pull up some proof cause all I've heard are guesses. I've been using a vibrator for use along with some much stronger forms of stimulation and I found I'm actually more sensitive and responsive to my fiance the next day or later that night. Sometimes after a really good session with a vibrator I find I'm extra sensitive for the next few days and want sex more. I challenge anyone to find any true facts that support vibrators lessening sensitivity because so far my experience is 100% opposite and I see no logical reason stimulation like that should have any negative effects.

As for orgasms from different stimulation it depends on the person. Some might find vaginal better and some might not. Personally my best was a combination. Get 2 vibrators or a dual action vibrator so it can be inserted and hits the clit. You can't really beat that.
    Eh - I don't need to worry about pulling up facts and researching because I can speak from experience. I'm sure it doesn't happen to all women, but I know it does happen. There are others on this forum who I know can speak from the same experience.

I have a vibrator and a glass dildo. When I first got my vibe five or so years ago, I thought it was great and would use it anytime DH wasn't around. After a few months, it was harder for me to have a vaginal orgasm with him and I almost felt numb inside down there. So after doing some looking around online, I had read on many forums of other women going through the same thing and the same advice was, back off on the vibe.

So I did and I no longer have the issues of having an orgasm. In fact, I'm so sensitive down there, it hardly takes anything to make me orgasm and I'll have multiple during sex with DH.

I'm by no means saying boycot all vibes, I still use mine on the rare occasion with my DH or if DH is gone overnight. But I can count on 1 hand, how much use it gets in a year. If we decide to use anything with more frequency or on the occasion that I want a little DP, we use my glass one. Which I like better because you can play with temperature.

But all this is just my opinion and experience.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

I use a vibrator about a handful of times a year probably. I am too lazy to get it out of its hiding spot when I am in the mood lol.

To me, my vaginal and clitoral orgasm are simaltaneous. If I have something pushing in my vagina when I orgasm it is MUCH stronger, and I don't need stimulation to my clitoris in order to orgasm but it makes it much much stronger to combine the two sensations.

I think when you are doing vaginal only stimulation and finally orgasm, it is a bit different and better because the build up for it takes so long that there is much pleasure in that release.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

But was it actually the vibrator causing a drop in orgasms or just the fact you were masturbating and causing orgasms so much? I'm sure like guys women experience more trouble having an orgasm when they've already had 5 that week instead of none and most everyone is more sensitive and ready for sex when they haven't done anything for awhile. I do not see how it can cause long term effects. It might cause slight tingling or numbness immediately after if you are really enthusiastic but it should not decrease sensation for more than a few hours and most definitely not into the next day unless you are doing it constantly for many days in a row. Nerves just don't work that way. It shouldn't have any more impact than having sex very frequently.

Blog Entries

I would use it about twice a day if he was gone. That's not excessive for me or any more than usual. By no means was I desensitized for months, it was days, but I'm a person with little patience and expects everything to happen yesterday. So, if I had problems having an orgasm, I wasn't going to wait around for my sensitivity to come back due to my vibe use while DH was not around.

It's easier for me to just change some things and not have my lack of sensitivity not be an issue. I'm much happier now and that's all that matters. I guess it is a matter of what a person considers "long term". For me, not having an orgasm for days, is a big deal, unless it's that time of the month.
    Friendship Prayer
    Amen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kira View Post
    But was it actually the vibrator causing a drop in orgasms or just the fact you were masturbating and causing orgasms so much? I'm sure like guys women experience more trouble having an orgasm when they've already had 5 that week instead of none and most everyone is more sensitive and ready for sex when they haven't done anything for awhile. I do not see how it can cause long term effects. It might cause slight tingling or numbness immediately after if you are really enthusiastic but it should not decrease sensation for more than a few hours and most definitely not into the next day unless you are doing it constantly for many days in a row. Nerves just don't work that way. It shouldn't have any more impact than having sex very frequently.
    Beg to differ, women are multi orgasmic, we can cum over and over. The more I cum, especially with a man I care for, the more responsive I am.

I think nerves and skin and body, do work that way. Repetitive motion and various trauma can result. Repeated exposure to vibration of any type can cause some people problems. There has been little controlled study of prolonged or repeated vibrator use but there is quite a body of reported experience with problems from a lot of vibrator use.