Forum:

Thread: Does sex drive really increase with age (for women)?

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

Default Does sex drive really increase with age (for women)?

I've heard that libido increases around age 30 for women. Do you think this mostly has to do with greater experience, a better understanding of how to have pleasure?

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mine has always been high and over 50 it still is.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do not think it necessarily will increase because you are flat out a certain X age, I think it has to do more with if you want to be more sexual then you will regardless of age.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

That's what I'm thinking as well. For some women it takes more time to become confident and whatnot... though hopefully that time period is shortening!

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Health issues aside, it reallly is about your state of mind.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    Health issues aside, it reallly is about your state of mind.
    Agreed. And a lot is want for your partner as well. I feel ready and wanting all the time, a lot more than 10-15 years ago. And during sex want to go longer during a session than I ever did. Once and awhile feel bad for my guy, but took a CPR course so sometimes tell him to "hang on and hang in there baby, I'll bring ya back if anything happens"

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When do you have absolutely no inhibitions?

Is that not when you are so confident of who you are?

You've explored yourself, or with partners that like to explore that you feel comfortable with?

Then you have no inhibitions and can find things that you've never, ever, experienced before.

Is that age? I think so..

I have always been extremely "sensual", adventurous, tried quiet a few things, but where I am now haha, 30? anyways, I have been self taught.. I can not believe what I have achieved?

Okay, grrr, squirting, I have the g-spot down to an art, I won't do clitoral unless i do both clitoral and g-spot it's amazing.

But it all came from feeling that I deserve to "feel" and I have to admit, I was seeking after my marriage, after which I was expressing with an experienced male and I learnt but only in theory, not pratical, I hung on to all his words and tried, and I was gobsmacked.

So, I think that ,you have to have it in you and you have to want to find out more about you and yes, I think, age has alot to do with that, but more so, inner self, confidence and a sense of love, that your in a happy place about you.

Finding a deserving partner that you can be you 100% without it being horny only, sex, is another thing, but I believe if you are true to yourself and know who you are and love your skin and all that you are, you can see the MAN from the lonley and wanting only the desire of even, what, maybe, they have never experienced

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Banned from WH Array

Everything else constant...it is your hormones that will dictate the greatest part of your sex drive.

Your testosterone levels start decreasing with age.....for everyone its different ages....

You can do your part to keep your hormones up....eating right, exercising and keeping a healthy weight promote higher testosterone levels.

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

I've always been a sexual person, started masturbating at a very early age....I don't know if its because of being introduced to sexual feelings (very innapropriately so) or if I would have been that way anyway I guess no way to really know...

But then on to my teenage years, masturbated frequently always had orgasms was very sexually promiscous (but had terrible sex, as I let myself be used for others pleasure and didn't focus on my own)

Then spent a great deal of time without a partner, still masturbating frequently, still having good orgasms.

Now in very early 30's ... with a boyfriend, having the best sex of my life, gspot orgasms, comfortable with exploration etc... My ability to orgasm and have multiples has never been easier for my body than it is now...

Don't know if its age, my partner, letting go and allowing myself to enjoy, or a combination of all 3... but I do know that for me personally... my sexual feelings have gotten better with age.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Junior Member Array

Default I think so

I am going through premenopaus right now and I can agree my sex drive is higher now then it has ever been. Boytoy loves it and isn't complaining! But for some reason everyone seems to think that after 45 there is no sex drive.

Cheers,