Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex vs. Making Love?

VIP Member Array

Default Sex vs. Making Love?

Quick question...
    To you, what is the determining factor to whether its sex... or making love?
    To me.. making love is more about the closeness and the sensuality of being that intimate with your partner.
    Curious to see any responses.

WH Super Moderator Array caterpillar79's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sex = (physical/sexual gratification + lust) - (emotional intimacy + spiritual connection + taking time)

Making Love = (sexual/physical gratification + love + emotional and spiritual connection and intimacy) + (lust) + taking time to please your partner + tenderness and care + undivided attention while doing the act

Feel free to add to the equation.
    What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

The clearest explanation for failure of any marriage is that two people are incompatible; that is, one is male and the other female. - Anna Quindlen

Register! | Rules/FAQ |Contact Mod| Contact Admin

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Making love is about a deep connection enhanced through intercourse, usually a slower more sensuous experience.

Sex is just doing it.

Both are great but I think you need both.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array Texasred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar79 View Post
    Sex = (physical/sexual gratification + lust) - (emotional intimacy + spiritual connection + taking time)

Making Love = (sexual/physical gratification + love + emotional and spiritual connection and intimacy) + (lust) + taking time to please your partner + tenderness and care + undivided attention while doing the act

Feel free to add to the equation.
    I don't know that I can add anything to that, except to comment on how much greater the latter is compared to the former!

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sex - doing it faster and harder than you normally would during "love making". Time is no real factor as long as the goal of physical satisfaction is met.

Making Love - slower, more kissing, lovey-dovey style sex. I personally avoid all the spiritual parts but having more closeness (embracing, rubbing face on the body, body kisses ect) is essential.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Junior Member Array

Sex means physical activity to overcome lust.Love making means sex beacuse of emotional intimacy.For more information about health follow. **Removed outbound link**
    Last edited by LanaBear; 01-06-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array newhere808's Avatar

Sex is nothing more than the physical act itself, done for a variety of reasons ranging from self satisfaction to revenge and several others.

Making love involves the act of sex, but on a deeper emotional level. Your not simply with your partner to get release, your there cause you love them, you want to pleasure them, have them feel the pleasure they give you. It's sex turned into a moment of shared intimacy between two people that care deeply about eachother.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sex as they say is "sex" it is usually two people with no emotions but pure chemistry that go for it.

It can be enlightening... It can be hurtful if one partner "thinks" that it's intimacy but it is not.

Intimacy, is special, it's letting go to some degree and being together for a while, it's letting go of every single inhibition, showing yourself to the world, in which case feeling beautiful in every action, moment,no fear.

This is the totality of a beautiful realtionship or is it? It can also be pure chemistry to start with and trust of the partner, and feeling very beautiful/sexy and for the guy feeling very much like a "real man" in which case, it's still chemistry with trust but can be very intimate as well.... but with a women there is usually emotions attached, with that trust and that being, that it is, or becomes a relationship.. Not so.. Some, "chemistry relationships" are just that, the partner does not what to know whom you are, where you are heading, it's pure chemistry, what ever they heard/learnt from the inset was not to their liking, their beliefs and so they go with chemistry only........

You can make love, and be deep and feel all sorts, through chemistry..

Not your question.... just elaborating..........

So, sex, is to me "horney", over the car type of thing.

Making love is "trust" and in that, you can let your inhibitions run wild and be you....

Sensuality as someone mentioned is either 100% trust and knowing the word, understanding it and believing in it, you can drive your car, listen to music and see the gear stick as huhum, something else, and your dress sense, sexy, and your makeup great, and the drive beautiful and so, you feel, sensual... Great, sexy, very sexy and your body agrees

And you can be that in love making.... but I don't believe you can be that in sex unless on drugs...

Sensual to me, with intimacy, is total trust.. but also no inhibitions and no in-securities and to have that you have to love whom you are and FEEL.. everything... sexy, the smells, tastes, nature....

CW
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 01-07-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: edited 2nd CW
    Do we not realise that in order to find a soul
    It doesn't happen over night
    if truth were to be told.

Like everything in life that's hard to achieve
    you must believe!

Banned from WH Array

sex is just the physical acts, intercourse, oral, cumming, orgasm, etc.

making love is the emotional part, the connection, the feeling in your mind and passion in your heart.

i disagree that sex is doing it faster and harder than with love making. sometimes in making love its been faster and harder than when it was just sex.

i guess the answer for me is the total experience determines whether it is sex or love making.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array Ahryin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sex as they say is "sex" it is usually two people with no emotions but pure chemistry that go for it.

It can be enlightening... It can be hurtful if one partner "thinks" that it's intimacy but it is not.

Intimacy, is special, it's letting go to some degree and being together for a while, it's letting go of every single inhibition, showing yourself to the world, in which case feeling beautiful in every action, moment,no fear.

This is the totality of a beautiful realtionship or is it? It can also be pure chemistry to start with and trust of the partner, and feeling very beautiful/sexy and for the guy feeling very much like a "real man" in which case, it's still chemistry with trust but can be very intimate as well.... but with a women there is usually emotions attached, with that trust and that being, that it is, or becomes a relationship.. Not so.. Some, "chemistry relationships" are just that, the partner does not what to know whom you are, where you are heading, it's pure chemistry, what ever they heard/learnt from the inset was not to their liking, their beliefs and so they go with chemistry only........

You can make love, and be deep and feel all sorts, through chemistry..

Not your question.... just elaborating..........

So, sex, is to me "horney", over the car type of thing.

Making love is "trust" and in that, you can let your inhibitions run wild and be you....

Sensuality as someone mentioned is either 100% trust and knowing the word, understanding it and believing in it, you can drive your car, listen to music and see the gear stick as huhum, something else, and your dress sense, sexy, and your makeup great, and the drive beautiful and so, you feel, sensual... Great, sexy, very sexy and your body agrees

And you can be that in love making.... but I don't believe you can be that in sex unless on drugs...

Sensual to me, with intimacy, is total trust.. but also no inhibitions and no in-securities and to have that you have to love whom you are and FEEL.. everything... sexy, the smells, tastes, nature....

CW
    **stands up and applauds answers while pointing at CW saying "yes...yes"** Also yes I had to quote the entire message because it deserved to be said again.

To me there are 3 catagories there is (edit) which is when two or more people normally one night stands no emotion no care just rough hardcore no nonsense lets get down to the business at hand bend over lift your leg stick your but out or sit down and shut up act

Sex is with someone you know but possibly do not love (though you can have sex with someone you love) it can be playful, you care about the others satisfaction sometimes its slow sometimes its fast sometimes its good sometimes its bad but you are more aware of the person and the beginning connection

Making love is ALWAYS GREAT! Its the moment your partner and yourself develop that connection where it feels as if your souls are touching. There is no wrong move, no wrong stroke, your breathing is synchronized...every sense you have is working your bodies are creating a warmth and a glow...its music
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 01-07-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: can't use that word F** :)
    Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast