Forum:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it normal not to have much sperm?

Default Is it normal not to have much sperm?

When my husband ejaculates, there is only about 1/2 teaspoon of sperm is this normal?
    Thanks,
    JM

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Iseulda's Avatar

I would say yes, that's completely normal.

According to the wiki entry:

The force and amount of semen that will be ejected during an ejaculation will vary widely between men and may contain between 0.1 and 10 milliliters. (By way of comparison, note that a teaspoon is 5 ml and a tablespoon holds 15 ml.)
    It does go on to say, and this is my experience too, that the amount of semen produced is smaller in subsequent ejaculations. That is to say if a particular man produces about 5ml having not ejaculated for over 24 hours his second ejaculation will be measurably smaller. Also, if a man leaves it for a few days it is normal that his 'load' is larger than normal. If your husband goes 2 or 3 days without ejaculating is there any significant change in what he produces?
    Now let us sport us while we may; / And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
    Rather at once our time devour, / Than languish in his slow-chapp'd power.
    Let us roll all our strength, and all / Our sweetness, up into one ball;
    And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Thorough the iron gates of life.
    Thus, though we cannot make our sun / Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Banned from WH Array Thomas Hepburn's Avatar

Iseulda is right. The longer a man leaves it without releasing his sperm, the larger the load and, the bigger the orgasm as well. Usually the further the ejaculate will travel as well. If my g/f has not unloaded me for several days it squirts right up my belly when she does and she says "oops" that was big! It's like a large build up of pressure.

This sounds totally normal. The amount of ejaculate varies from person to person, with frequency of ejaculation, and with age. (As people age, ejaculations become smaller and less forceful, but not any less fun!) As an aside, sperm only comprises a small portion of the ejaculatory fluid. Most of it comes from the prostate gland and is a buffer and nutrient fluid for the sperm. Large loads vs. small loads seem to have little bearing on the ability to conceive, so there is nothing to worry about there either.

Thanks you all, My husband is 45 years old, at what age does the sperm start to lesson. We have sex maybe once a week, I wish we had more but he spends alot of time on the computer doing God knows what, do you think that he is masterbating everyday and that's why he has less sperm, how do I tell him to stop doing it and save it for me.
    JM

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Iseulda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JennieMay View Post
    Thanks you all, My husband is 45 years old, at what age does the sperm start to lesson. We have sex maybe once a week, I wish we had more but he spends alot of time on the computer doing God knows what, do you think that he is masterbating everyday and that's why he has less sperm, how do I tell him to stop doing it and save it for me.
    JM
    That varies from man to man - it could be age related, it could be because he's masturbating, it could be diet related, it could just be one of those things.

It is possible that he's masturbating - most men do. But as long as he can get an erection and orgasm with you that shouldn't really be a problem. Not a physical problem.

Putting aside the once a week but you'd like more part of things for just a minute, if you are having sex and both achieving orgasm does it really matter if he comes 2ml, 12ml or virtually nothing? For me it is a nice visual to have a larger volume of ejaculate but it's nowhere near the top of the list.

Getting back to the frequency of sex - When you do have sex is it satisfying for you? Do you think it is satisfying for him? Is it just that you'd like more of the same? Have you talked to him about it?
    Now let us sport us while we may; / And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
    Rather at once our time devour, / Than languish in his slow-chapp'd power.
    Let us roll all our strength, and all / Our sweetness, up into one ball;
    And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Thorough the iron gates of life.
    Thus, though we cannot make our sun / Stand still, yet we will make him run.

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

JM
    The only way to find out is just walk in the room when he's on the computer and look at what he's doing.

As far as telling him, just tell him exactly what you just said. 'hey, don't be in there having 'special me time' Mr. Save that for me!'
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Register! | Rules/FAQ | Contact Mod

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

If we go a couple of days without sexual activity, I can ALWAYS tell if my boyfriend has saved himself for me :P 1. He's popping an erection the second I touch him and 2. His ejaculation is... an awesome presense to behold I love it when he waits... oh I do.

If we're doing sexual activity daily, its still just as awesome but his ejaculations are a little less and it takes a little more to get him in the mood than just a brush against his thigh.

If we've not had sexual activity for a couple days and he's less than thrilled right away, and his ejaculation is small, I usually feel like ,no, he did not wait for me... and its a bit dissapointing but as long as he is still excited be and wanting me to please him and is interested in pleasing me that doesn't bother me as much.

Would you like more than sex once a week with your husband? What is the reason you guys have it so infrequently? If you want it and he's not in the mood... I'd be a little annoyed at his excessive alone time with the computer. But if you don't want it as often and when you do want it... he's there for you, probably not too much reason to sweat his self-care.

If its pregnancy you're aiming for, the more he ejaculates the better... cleaner more motile sperm he'll deliver. So while a guy who masturbates a lot may put out less semen -- the semen he puts out is more fresh and viable and easier to impregnate you with.

I guess thats a point I could make to my boyfriend (neither of us want a baby right now lol) that the more he saves it for me -- the safer our sex is lol.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

My husband is 45 years old, at what age does the sperm start to lesson. We have sex maybe once a week, I wish we had more but he spends alot of time on the computer doing God knows what, do you think that he is masterbating everyday and that's why he has less sperm, how do I tell him to stop doing it and save it for me.
    JM
    I'm 56 now and in my case, I probably started to see a gradual decline in quantity about my mid-40's. That's just me tho'. People are different. Just talk to your husband about the masturbation thing. I doubt that he is doing it every day, but he may be doing it a few times a week. Men that could get by with that in their 20's may need to slack up or stop entirely as they age. Approach this conversation in a non-accusing, non-threatening way and it may solve everything for you. Approach it differently and it may have undesirable results. Assuming that your husband is healthy, he should welcome several sexual liasons a week and it should be physically no problem for him to do so. I'm 10+ years older than your husband and suffer from ED and twice a week is not unusual for me.

Banned from WH Array Thomas Hepburn's Avatar

It's lovely to hear Hopeless Dork say she loves her b/f to save it for her. And Isuelda to say she loves a large ejaculate. When women say these things I'm sure that their partners really enjoy ejaculating for them/with them. These girls don't have problems with their guys cumming. I like to think that the contents of my balls belongs to my partner. In that way I try to only unload when with her.I try not to masturbate when on those days I don't see her, but sometimes it's very hard(literally!)
    And yes, if a guy is masturbating every day, he will only release a small amount. This is a way girls of telling if he's keeping it for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast