Forum:

Thread: Orgasms and the pill?

Junior Member Array

Default Orgasms and the pill?

I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, and we had always had a great sex life, i never had problems having an orgasm and in fact it was really easy for me which i thought was really surprising seeing how i know how common it is for women to struggle to orgasm.

we had always used condoms but after one split we decided they just werent reliable enough so i went to the doctors and decided to go on the pill.

i have been put on microgynon 30 and ive been on it for a month, since that time i have not had a single orgasm, is it because of the pill?

nothing emotionally has changed in our relationship for me to not want sex anymore, we get on just as fine as we did before!

i dont feel as 'horny' since ive been on the pill and i dont think my sex drive is like it was before either, before i think my sex drive was fine before but now i just feel like i dont even particularly want sex and when we do have sex it just feels different somehow like im not even enjoying it

i dont understand what it could be because like i said i never had problems with orgasms before ive always been really happy and satisfied with our sex life

is it the pill which is doing this, has anyone else ever experienced this? and does the pill in general do this or is it just microgynon 30?

theres no point being on the pill if i dont want sex! haha

any advice would be much appreciated!

thankyou
    xxx

Banned from WH Array

I've been on the pill for a little over 2 years now.
    Beofre getting in the pill, I had a fairly high sex drive but after getting on the pill, it dwindled pretty much. There will be times throughout a month that I want sex ALL the time and then there are other times where I don't want it at all.

I've never really had an orgasm from sex so I can't answer that question there. Like I said though, the pill did make my sex drive drop a bit but I still enjoy it on a regular basis pretty much.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array kygirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, the pill can do lots of things to your sex drive and I noticed (although it has been 8 years now) that it is much harder for me to orgasm than before. That doesn't mean it's not possible, it just seems to require more effort... The pill can really mess with you physically... so it's kind of about the tradeoff but maybe you could try different things to see if those might work for you??

i did notice that after a while the craziness seemed to "level" out and my sex drive came back but everyone and every pill is different.
    If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
    -Andy Rooney

It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward

Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl View Post
    Yes, the pill can do lots of things to your sex drive and I noticed (although it has been 8 years now) that it is much harder for me to orgasm than before. That doesn't mean it's not possible, it just seems to require more effort... The pill can really mess with you physically... so it's kind of about the tradeoff but maybe you could try different things to see if those might work for you??

i did notice that after a while the craziness seemed to "level" out and my sex drive came back but everyone and every pill is different.
    yeah i guess i have only been on the pill for a month, so maybe my body hasnt settled down yet? im seeing my boyfriend tomorrow for the first time all week because hes been away so hopefully i will have some built up energy which needs releasing and if still it doesnt happen maybe i will think about coming off it to see if things improve and then i will know it is really is the pill

but now im worried because im thinking and worrying about it so much maybe thats gonna prevent from being able to orgasm because thats all im gonna be thinking about

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Faerunner's Avatar

Foreplay helps a LOT. I was on the pill for quite a while and when I didn't feel like sex he could quite often put me in the mood with a good half hour of massage and kissing. It just took a lot of time, which for him wasn't always worth it. If your guy doesn't want to do it for you, try doing it for yourself - watch or read something sexy, wear something sexy, etc. Even just masturbating before he comes over might help. I know that not feeling it makes it really difficult to start things up, but you'll find that once you encourage your body a little bit, it might change its mind! Just don't feel pressured. Pressure kills things.

I know my sex drive went flat when I was about halfway through my pill pack, though, and then spiked before my period... he could tell when I was almost through the pack because I'd jump him!

VIP Member Array

I'd say it probably is having an effect. I've never orgasmed from intercourse but i was on Microgynon 30 for a while and when i came off i noticed a real difference in my sex drive, it was really high, so then when i went back to the pill about 3 months after (i'm on it for contraception and acne control) i felt it had lowered significantly i just wasn't getting the intense urges i was getting when i was off it. I moved to Loestrin 20 a few months after as its a low estrogen pill, even though my sex drive still is not as high as it was off of the pill altogether i can feel a big improvement and my acne is still under control too so thats a plus. So maybe thats an option you might want to consider if its causing you problems. x

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) FEBRUARY 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array stressed's Avatar

Haven't had an orgasm during sex yet, but then again I've always been on the pill whenever I've had sex. No idea of it's connected or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.