Forum:

Thread: What exactly is an orgasm?

Junior Member Array

Question What exactly is an orgasm?

Ok, I have heard around that some women never have an orgasm. Is this just during sex with other people or do some never orgasm with masturbation? Could you even consider the climax from masturbation an orgasm? Do you have to have an orgasm to cum? Can you be satisfied without cumming? and finally, can you tell when you cum?

Ha Ha my state needs better sex ed..

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Could you even consider the climax from masturbation an orgasm? - Yes, you can absolutely consider an orgasm from masturbation an orgasm. An orgasm does not have to involve another person.

Do you have to have an orgasm to cum? In my case, no. I can cum without orgasm. Just from simple arousal.

Can you be satisfied without cumming? IMO, yes, I can be satisfied without orgasm, without cumming, etc. My satisfaction is not solely derived by whether or not I get off, I'm satisfied by the overall connection of the act.

Finally, can you tell when you cum? Maybe not during, but definitely after. And hubby can definitely tell when I cum.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

jns
    Triple Diamond Member (3,000+ posts & member 3 years+) Array jns's Avatar

I use climax and orgasm interchangeably, and it doesn't matter by what source. According to an unsubstantiated source "Kinsey reports that approximately 10% of all married women have never experienced orgasm".

Junior Member Array

I was just really surprised to hear that some women cant reach orgasm or have never had one. I guess that is because I have always had what you could consider a very active libido (from the age of 10 or so) and have never had any trouble in accomplishing a climax. I can see where you could fail to have an orgasm with a partner if they dont know their way around. But with masturbating I guess some people just never do it? which is an odd concept for me.
    Last edited by raindropsugarcane; 08-29-2010 at 01:16 AM.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There have been numerous women and husbands as well, post about how the women or the husbands wife do not masturbate, they don't feel comfortable with it, they don't know what to do, they find it repulsive for whatever reason be it morally, religiously, etc.

Personally, if you can't please yourself, I would find it difficult for a SO to be able to please you. You've got to be familiar with your body and know what you enjoy and respond to in order to be able to direct someone else to please you as well.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Junior Member Array

I see.. what a shame. thanks for making it a lot clearer. I have tried having this conversation with my sister. Even though we are close I still found it awkward. I suppose I didnt want to seem ignorant. but than again she wasn't very elaborate on her responses lol.

i have never orgasmed from having sex only with using a vibrator....lol and that has only been in the last year....i dont need to orgasm while having sex to totally enjoy it and to feel fulfilled.......i agree with lanabear you have to know your own body to know what pleases you.....

Junior Member Array

Thanks for all the input! very informative