Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swollen vagina

Junior Member Array

Default swollen vagina

ive been having problems down below for about 2 months now, my vagina is really swollen inside, i keep gettin pains in my stomach and its quite bloated alot, i dont know if these two things are linked
    but i thought i might mention just incase.

it just feels like everything has dropped inside, i cant think of how to explain it,
    but its very swollen and sex is quite awkard now and i cant get as wet as i normally can.

i am really worried, i went to the sexual health clinic just before xmas and got tested for all sorts and im pleased to say im clear but they just fobbed me off and said the swelling was due to a allergic reaction to a condom, but it hasnt gone down at all, its really swollen, i can see some of the inside on the opening/lips area of my vagina.

please help!!

July 2011 Poster of the Month Array kristalyn_04's Avatar

Do you use tampons? What do you use to clean? It does sound like some sort of allergy. Sometimes when you see doctors you gotta be demanding to get the attention and testing you need to figure out the problem.
    How can you see where you're going if you spend your whole life looking over your shoulder? –Naughty Ninja

Junior Member Array

hi thanks for getting back to me.

i used both tampons and pads, depending on the flow of my period.

but havent used tampons since i swelled up.

and i use fragarence free soaps down there, as im prone to thrush.

Junior Member Array

i have always used the same types of condoms and never had any problems before

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array

Provided you have already gone down the doctor path Google Candida Albicans. There is tons of info on the net about this.
    In short your intestinal flaura ( organisms)get out of whack.
    In the case of Candida Albicans it is too much intestinal yeast/thrush. Sugar you eat causes the yeast to create carbon dioxide(bloating) and a type of alcohol(light headed fuzzy feeling). when it is out of control it can find its way to your mouth or Sex organs and cause allergic type inflammation and swelling.
    You might get a short term relief form your swelling with thrush medication- but longer term you need to treat the intestinal thrush.( Loads of diets on the web on how to do this)
    Good luck.

Junior Member Array

wow thats interesting!!

thanks O-M xx

Junior Member Array

Hey I am worried I'm having the same problem i feel swollen, kinda dry and it feels like everything inside is a lot closer, I was doing stuff on my own and noticed after I was bleeding so I called my doctor right away and seen him the next day, he said it was swollen and that it was normal for that and bleeding, all my test came back good, and my period started and I was feeling better but now that I'm done I'm feeling everything u wrote I'm worried I'm hoping u can
    Help because I'm going crazy and my doctor just keeps saying not to worry but i can't, thanks

July 2011 Poster of the Month Array kristalyn_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stressy_girl24 View Post
    Hey I am worried I'm having the same problem i feel swollen, kinda dry and it feels like everything inside is a lot closer, I was doing stuff on my own and noticed after I was bleeding so I called my doctor right away and seen him the next day, he said it was swollen and that it was normal for that and bleeding, all my test came back good, and my period started and I was feeling better but now that I'm done I'm feeling everything u wrote I'm worried I'm hoping u can
    Help because I'm going crazy and my doctor just keeps saying not to worry but i can't, thanks
    You could be having an allergic reaction to something. You can google your symptoms and see if you find anything, or see a different doctor who will take the time to listen to you and not dismiss your concerns.
    How can you see where you're going if you spend your whole life looking over your shoulder? –Naughty Ninja

Hi
    Have you been on antibiotics- NSAIDs or the Pill. Do you have sinus issues or joint pain.
    Could be intestinal Candida Albicans.

Some background on Candida Albicans

Candida exists in multiple forms: In its yeast form as a round yeast that remains in the colon and is actively reproducing and the other in a fungal form that 'eats' through the intestinal wall and travels via the blood to other places in the body.
    Sugar and refined carbohytrates activate the candida metabolism and create its by-products such as alcohol and formaldehyde. Think of brewers Yeast which causes Sugars to be turned into Alcohol and Carbon dioxide gas. This causes a bloated feeling and fuzzy headedness.

Candida is also known to upset immune functioning. Approximately 75% of our immune system lies within the intestinal walls. The immune system will respond to candida and its by-products that escape into the bloodstream by secreting histamines causing symptoms of allergies ( Sinus /reproductive)and intolerances to chemicals- particularly perfumes in soaps and the like.
    The immune system becomes hyper vigilant and starts atacking from within.
    In some people there will be extreme reaction in the skin - a kind of dermatitis that will be a reaction to the perfume in the soap being used.

In the case of this post it is likely that the allergy is a reaction to naturally occuring vaginal Yeast.
    It is interesting to note that the Candida Albicans yeast interacts with female hormones by having Oestogen receptors on its surface. Scientist have shown Oestogen ( 17 beta-estradiol) will boost candida growth. ( So it must have been with mammals for a very long time)

An orally ingested compound called MSM( avialable at health food shops) will block Histamine receptors and reduce the symptoms caused by the Histamine but this is fixing the symptoms not the cause.

Normal intestinal bacteria will keep Candida under control and can help to bring it back under control once it gets fungal. Ultimately restricting sugar intake and taking strong Pro-biotics to boost intestinal bacteria levels is the best path to long term cure.

There is a huge amount of info about this on the web. Google Candida Albicans diet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast