Forum:

Thread: Raw feeling during sexual intercourse.

Question Raw feeling during sexual intercourse.

For the last few months, when my boyfriend and I have sex, I start having this horrible pain. It's more as he's entering me, it almost feels like I'm raw. I don't have a problem being lubed, we have tried additional artificial lubrications to make sure. Usually, it starts out fine, and I can get through one round perfectly fine. Then, the second time it hurts really bad. We had tried some new condoms, and I thought maybe that was the problem. But the pain is still there even with the old kind. The only other thing that has changed is, he moved for a job, so we don't get to see each other as much. We average getting to have sex, one weekend a month. Whereas a year ago it was atleast once a day. I wondered if it has anything to do with the long periods of time in between. But I'm not sure.
    Getting used to being apart has been hard enough, and now it hurts too much to have that special time with him...Please Help!!!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Did you try non-latex condoms?

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array Colorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Bee View Post
    we don't get to see each other as much. We average getting to have sex, one weekend a month. Whereas a year ago it was atleast once a day. I wondered if it has anything to do with the long periods of time in between.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here... Going from almost daily to once a month is probably what is causing the feeling... At one point in time we went through a similar situation and had almost the same reaction when we did finally get busy...
    The whole stretching thing going on when you do finally get together (once a month) may be causing micro tears inside, thus producing the "raw" feeling you are having. When you having sex daily, the vaginal muscles are accustomed to being more accomodating (loose [in a good way]if you will have it), and tears don't occur...

Just a thought and I'm far from being a doctor, but seems to me that this may very well be the cause.
    Colorado

VIP Member Array

I found out i was allergic to latex... I felt as though i was being ripped apart.. and it wasnt until about a 1/2 hr in. Try non latex condoms.. and try a different lube.

Thanks for the replys!!... We've been using condoms everytime for almost three years now. The problem just started a few months ago. So I really don't think they have anything to do with it.
    Colorado, what helped in your situation? Other than more sex. That's just not an option right now, my boyfriend works 6 days a week and I'm still in college, and he's two hours away.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can develop a sensitivity any time. The fact that you have been using a product without a problem for a long time doesn't mean that you can't become sensitive. Why not try the latex free? It certainly won't hurt anything.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

WildChild, I didn't realize that it was possible to become sensitive. I will pick some up and give them a try my next trip. Thanks!!