Forum:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I'm not sexually attracted to my husband!

Ife
    Junior Member Array

Default I'm not sexually attracted to my husband!

My husband is physically attractive to me, and I love him, I just am not sexually attracted to him. I force myself to engage in intercourse with him and manage to satisfy him each time, but it does nothing for me. He's awkward and fumbles around a lot which is annoying. Somehow I've scored myself an inexperienced man which I thought was going to be ok since I have been celibate for a long time myself, but being his teacher is so much work. I just would rather not do it than work so hard so one of us is satisfied. He let himself go when we got married; gained weight, stopped shaving regularly...but still expects me to be sexy. I told him that if he wants me to be sexy, he needed to step up his game...he's doing that...slowly. We are newly weds and this is a horrible way to start a marriage!

nyx
    Junior Member Array

I can feel your pain. It was relatively easy for me to learn how to pleasure my boyfriend but it has taken him a LONG time. Intercourse is still not very pleasurable to me, but I have talked to him about it and we are working on it. Plus he is great with oral and with his hands so I'm never left unsatisfied. I think it is definitely worth it to show him how. It can suck if your lover isn't experienced, but it will be rewarding to help them along. You may have to physically show him. Sometimes I have have to move my SO's hand or shift myself in some way. Or you can even show him how you masturbate. Don't be afraid to say what you want, I used to be, and it only made the problem worse!

As for being unkempt, I can feel the pain there too. It's not like I'm going all out here, but at least I don't skip showers all the time. Come on! All you can do is be honest. I had to. It was really hard and both of us have had to make adjustments. For example, he likes sunflower seeds and spits them out in a cup. I think this is disgusting. He used to have three or four cups of spit out seeds sitting around his desk at a time. He also used to knock these over all the time. I told I wouldn't clean it anymore. He still loves sunflower seeds, but now once he fills a cup or gets close, he dumps them in the trash. I also do not care as much about the seeds anymore and often buy them for him as a surprise. It takes time though, but it can all work out.

Banned from WH Array

Were you ever "sexually attracted to him"? Other than his weight gain and infrequent shaving, what else has happened?

Men quickly get comfortable in relationships in part because women allow it. Stop allowing it and stop settling for anything less than you deserve.

Did intercourse ever do anything for you previously, or is this something that you thought/hoped would improve over time or once you got married?

Have you talked with, not belittled, your husband about him being awkward and fumbling around?

I think the two of you lack communication. You need to sit down, with no distractions, outside of the bedroom and discuss your concerns about what goes on in the bedroom.

Does he read? There are many good book titles in the "books on Sex" thread in this forum. One that I highly recommend for men is She Comes First by Ian Kerner Ph.D

What about exploring this forum and it's many threads on sex and sex related issues together?

One more thing: Men don't do hints, we don't read minds (especially our partner's) and we don't see the line unless the dots are very close together.

Junior Member Array

I know how u feel.....I have never been sexually attracted to my husband...never...it was his good heart and christian spirit that was the attraction....we r not newlyweds......I look at him and I am turned off...he is a cln person and keeps up with hisself I just have never been phy attracted to him...at all...he is not... I am considering divorce.....I am in my 40s.....I don't want to be unhappy or feel obligated ...after all these yrs of being married and he is still fumbling..like he doesn't know my anatomy.....it's annoying....I don't want anyone else....I really want to leave him.....but we have kids....it not just about me you know.......can anyone relate....if so what did u do.....I don't want counseling...I know this sounds mean...but I am tired of him....

Ife
    Junior Member Array

It's interesting to see that the WOMEN who responded understood without needing a bunch of details or making assumptions.

I did not "allow" my husband to let himself go, nor do I ever "belittle" him about his sexual behaviors (or any other behaviors for that matter)...I'm sorry if that happens to you, but I don't treat the man in my life that way! I am a very upfront person and have told him, as sensitively as possible what I need and want.

We are both very open about what we want or need and strive to know how to build on every part of our married life...he just needs to be less of a pig, needs more practice, and needs to present himself to me in a way that makes the practicing more worth the time. I have always had healthy sexual experiences that were mutually satisfying; this relationship just happens to be very different because its a marriage; it is forever, not just a few months that I can walk away from.
    Last edited by Ife; 04-06-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: misspelled words

July 2011 Poster of the Month Array kristalyn_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ife View Post
    It's interesting to see that the WOMEN who responded understood without needing a bunch of details or making assumptions.

I did not "allow" my husband to let himself go, nor do I ever "belittle" him about his sexual behaviors (or any other behaviors for that matter)...I'm sorry if that happens to you, but I don't treat the man in my life that way! I am a very upfront person and have told him, as sensitively as possible what I need and want.

We are both very open about what we want or need and strive to know how to build on every part of our married life...he just needs to be less of a pig, needs more practice, and needs to present himself to me in a way that makes the practicing more worth the time. I have always had healthy sexual experiences that were mutually satisfying; this relationship just happens to be very different because its a marriage; it is forever, not just a few months that I can walk away from.
    I don't think Seeker was making assumptions, he was asking questions. It always helps to have as many details as possible about your situation so we can better analyze and help you.

I don't think this is an attraction problem, I think it's a compatibility problem. If you have already spoken to him about this in a calm non-finger-pointing manner, then perhaps you could try changing your approach. When you're in the bedroom, try telling him to take it easy and gently guide him. Say things like "This feels really good for me" and "I really like it when you do this...". Positive reinforcement. He might be awkward and fumbling because he is nervous and doesn't know what to do. Since he is inexperienced, he probably needs some practice and guidance from you as to what you like and what feels good for you. Also make sure he knows to give you lots of foreplay, and take it slow.
    How can you see where you're going if you spend your whole life looking over your shoulder? –Naughty Ninja

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+)MAY 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array pretzel's Avatar

Couple of things,

Kris, I'm of the impression that at this stage of the relationship, he should be more capable of understanding what does and doesn't feel good to her. It could be another situation that has been discussed many times where one partner feels uncomfortable doing things that the other partner finds exciting. I would agree that there may be a compatability issue if my assumption (which is solely my opinion) holds any water. Ife mentioned in her OP and which Seeker did allude to which is complacency. This is where I'd like to go back to a couple of things Ife mentioned which I think all too many times becomes a huge issue for many couples. Specifically, "I have always had healthy sexual experiences that were mutually satisfying; this relationship just happens to be very different because its a marriage; it is forever, not just a few months that I can walk away from." Again, please take this as my own personal view, but I've heard this from both my ex wife and my current wife as well as having read it here more than I care to. I find this particular view somewhat disheartening. I wish I had the Marriage Rules that show where once the relationship changes from non-married to married, sexual expectations and commitment to pleasing one's partner becomes secondary or tertiary or so far down the list of priorities that couples forget the continuing importance of intimacy and pleasure. Personally, I think it should be a strengthening bond and knowing that each partner has made this great a commitment that intimacy and sex should be heightened because of this. Somehow, the opposite seems to happen and we end up taking each other for granted.
    There will always be boundries, but making love is so different, than having sex, let's face it. CW

July 2011 Poster of the Month Array kristalyn_04's Avatar

Yes pretzel... perhaps he should know, but it seems that he doesn't. Either that, or he's put it on the backburner for some reason.

Ife, how long have you been married, and did you have a sexual relationship with him before you got married? How was your sex life before these issues arose? When you talk to him about this, is he receptive?
    How can you see where you're going if you spend your whole life looking over your shoulder? –Naughty Ninja

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+)MAY 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array pretzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kristalyn04 View Post
    Yes pretzel... perhaps he should know, but it seems that he doesn't. Either that, or he's put it on the backburner for some reason.

Ife, how long have you been married, and did you have a sexual relationship with him before you got married? How was your sex life before these issues arose? When you talk to him about this, is he receptive?
    From the OP, I'd venture to say that there has always been an issue, but she felt that they could work through it together. And you're right, for whatever reason, it isn't working and may have gotten worse.
    There will always be boundries, but making love is so different, than having sex, let's face it. CW

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array

Try getting him to go the Literotica Web site- have him go onto the sites boards and to the "How to" Section. Get him to do some reading up there.
    This will improve his game. Good luck

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast