Forum:

Thread: Abdominal pain after sex... questions...

Junior Member Array

Default Abdominal pain after sex... questions...

Hi. I need some answers for this.

My last period was on the 28th July, i had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend 2 weeks after that. Due to this sudden incident, i decided to take up Postinor 2 ( morning after pill) to prevent myself from any unwanted pregnancy. A week after that (18/8), i have my period visiting up to the 23rd Aug ( almost 2 weeks earlier than my usual date)....

Tonight my boyfriend had too much of a drink, and we had unprotected sex again. (Boy, am i angry on this...) I'm having abdominal pain now and worried about being pregnant again. My question now is,

(1) What are the chances of me being pregnant after my "period" that started on the 18/8 - 23/8 due to the Postinor 2 consumption.

(2) Can i take Postinor 2 again within a month? I heard twice comsumption within a month will really destroy the ovulation cycle.

(3) What is the reason to my abdominal pain? Is it because that i have just ended my period or some others infection?

(4) Are there any alternative ways to delay my ovulation or so?

I know i should have just ask my boyfriend to just use the condom.... but haiz... pls help me answer my troubles.... tq

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

(1) What are the chances of me being pregnant after my "period" that started on the 18/8 - 23/8 due to the Postinor 2 consumption.
    Close to absolutely no chance. The morning after pill, regardless of what name brand, essentially eliminates the chance of conception if taken within 48 hours. After that it is useless.

(2) Can i take Postinor 2 again within a month? I heard twice comsumption within a month will really destroy the ovulation cycle.
    The morning after pill is an emergency contraception method, it is NOT a recommended form of birth control. It only works within the 72 hours of having sex. Taking one pill the day after sex and one 2 weeks later will only ruin your cycles. The one pill you took will be enough to stop anything that could have happened, it is not a form of actual birth control you cannot be taking it multiple times a day or in a month. The single pill you took will already mess up your cycles because it contains 3 times the dose of a particular chemical found in regular birth control, that high dose is why it works so efficiently if taken right after sex in that 72 hours.

(3) What is the reason to my abdominal pain? Is it because that i have just ended my period or some others infection?
    Likely stress. Thinking there is something wrong can make your body react with pain. Another very likely scenario is because you took the morning after pill your cycles will now change this month and probably the next. That strong dose really puts your body in a spin and will take awhile to readjust. Normal period pains happen all the time during a cycle though, it can easily be post pain. Pain is not predictable so you could have pain this cycle and none for the next 6 you never know until it happens.

(4) Are there any alternative ways to delay my ovulation or so?
    Real birth control pills. Condoms are also a viable option for you since you engage in random protected and unprotected sex, they are quick to use so I would say always keep them handy no matter how convincing the situation may be at the time. Just remember that condoms are pretty much the most unreliable forms of birth control, other than something like the pull out method. Failure rates on real birth control pills or devices like the IUD are about 0.01-1%...so very very low. You will really need to look at some options if you want to have unprotected sex.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Junior Member Array

Default morning after pill

I'm not sure about this, will i be in my ovulation if my period stopped on the 22/8. As this early period was caused by the morning after pill that i took. So, will the ovulation be like 2 weeks after 22/8 OR it could be any of the day (like today for instance) as it's mess up by the pill? tq

Blog Entries

Everything will be messed up by the emergency pill, for an indeterminate amount of time.

See a doctor. Get real birth control. Have a discussion with your boyfriend and use condoms until your "real" BC is functional.

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You took the morning after pill, you will not have a regular ovulation or menstrual cycle like previous months. The only true lack of ovulation is when you are on birth control. You will not be able to predict when you ovulate again until your body has sorted through the morning after pill, that could take one cycle or several. It is messed up and will be for awhile, that is why doctors will not advise a patient to take the morning after pill frequently as it is only an emergency method.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.