Forum:

Thread: Eyes open or closed?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Default Eyes open or closed?

Do most women prefer to keep their eyes open or closed during sex? Would it creep you out to know your man has his eyes open and is watching your movements, breathing, facial expressions and other body language during sex? Do women do the same?

My wife has never once opened her eyes during 21 years of marriage and 2 years of dating before that, whereas I very rarely close my eyes.

Blog Entries

Sex in the dark is somewhat of a necessity in my house lately, so eyes open or closed doesn't make much of a difference lately. I suppose I keep my eyes closed most of the time as an involuntary thing.

It wouldn't creep me out to know my husband was watching me ... I turn on the bedside lamp sometimes to give him a little treat
    Nature gives us shapeless shapes,
    Clouds and waves and flame,
    But human expectation is that love remains the same,
    And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.

Register|Contact Admin|Email Admin

WH MODERATOR Array Beautiful Disaster's Avatar

I guess I don't think much about it. I'd say sometimes my eyes are open, sometimes they are closed. I'd probably find it a little odd if someone was totally 100% of the time one way or the other either ALWAYS closed or ALWAYS open. It would feel a bit unnatural to have someone stare at me continuously throughout with no break, but also would to have someone NEVER look at me.

"Be what you're looking for."

"The next time you're thinking of kicking someone when they're down, offer them your hand and help them back up instead."

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I keep mine closed for the most part. For me it is habit that when I am doing something during sex I close my eyes, and the other thing is that I cannot look a person in the eyes. In or outside of the bedroom I cannot do it, makes me anxious no matter the situation. But I keep a lamp on during sex so he can look at my body, visuals do not do much for me so dark or light makes no difference to me but the last thing I want is to think of him watching my facial expressions. I have a general fear of my face being looked at, I feel like any situation when someone stares at my face they are looking for a reason to nit pick, it seems unnatural to just stare at someone so I get nervous when I think he is staring at my face. One miniscule comment about how my cheek moved or I look weird will shut me right down, I want no attention whatsoever placed on how I am reacting or looking face wise...he can watch my body for reactions but my face I ask him not to otherwise I will clam up and I do not want that to happen.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

November 2011 Poster of the Month Array
    Blog Entries

Depends on my mood and how it's feeling. If my fiance stared at me, it wouldn;t bother me, because sex is intimate in itself and if you can put your private part inside another person, I would hope you can make eye contact (just my opinion)...but if their eyes are closed, it might just mean it feels that good, or sometimes women have to concentrate harder and closing your eyes can help you do that.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Tetris Champion Array Stillness's Avatar

Default Sorry fellas

I hear you ladies. If I had to have sex with a man I want my eyes closed too, and an extraordinarily dark room, and dark sunglasses. Let's be honest. Men are the peahens of humans. Some of us look ok, but even a decent looking woman is dazzlingly prettier. I like to think of myself as somewhat handsome, but when I'm in the mirror with my wife I look like a gorilla. I feel sorry for her. Even down to our bone structure: My wife has what I think are big bones, but when we put our hands together, hers look elegant, like she should be painting a picture. My hands look like I should be outside smashing rocks.

I keep my eyes closed when something intense happens but thats usually because i like to kiss my guy when we are having sex but i do like to look a him and see his expression because it turns me on and it also turns me on to see him lookin at me. It lets me know im doing something right because i should have his full attention lol
    Your most beautiful when you are doing what you love

November 2011 Poster of the Month Array
    Blog Entries

Stillness... your post is hilarious. Do guys really think that way?

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Tetris Champion Array Stillness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardb63 View Post
    Do guys really think that way?
    Yeah. We know we're not getting by with looks, for the most part.

I remember the first time I was intimate with a young lady and she said, "Do you think we can try it with the lights off?" And I said, "But then we wouldn't be able to see each other." Then I realized, that was the point.

I know women find men attractive, but it's kind of like the peacock and the peahen. Yeah, he wants her, but we all know who the pretty one is. She probably smells good. But, after looking at his own tail all day then having to deal with her he's probably like, "Do you think we can go over into this dark corner of the woods?" When it's time for some pealovin' she's looking at his feathers and his eyes are closed. "It's so I can concentrate on the pleasure." Sure it is, Mr. Peacock.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array shoshannah's Avatar

It depends on the mood and the circumstances. Generally, but not always, the more intense things get the more I tend to keep my eyes closed.

As for my boyfriend looking/staring at me, we are to the point in our relationship where it doesn't bother me. It helps my self-confidence that my body excites him, so it's ok that he looks at it.