Forum:

Thread: Bleeding vagina during sex

Junior Member Array

Default Bleeding vagina during sex

I am 25 years old and I have a problem which has been worrying me. I lost my virginity when I was 21 to a guy I was living with. We were together for 18months and we had a very active and satisfactory sex life. Since I broke up with him I never indulged in sex with any other guy until recently. I had sex with a guy 2 weeks ago almost after 3 years (last time I had sex was July 2009). While doing it we realized, my vagina was bleeding, however we ignored it. We did it again and it bled again. After it was over, I went online and checked if this was normal. I discovered, a lot of women have this problem if having sex after a long time so I ignored it. But now the problem is we had sex again yesterday 4 times and each time we did it, there was bleeding. By bleeding I don't mean full on blood dripping, I mean there is blood on condom every time he penetrates. After sex wen I pee there is no blood I see. I am very worried as I donít think it is normal. Please tell me what could possibly be wrong? Do u think I should consult a doctor?

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array DreamP346's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The amount of blood doesn't sound like something to worry about too much, but just to be safe, I think it would warrent a quick call or visit to the doctor. There's possibly minor tears. Also, the hymen can grow back. Rather be safe than sorry.

jns
    Triple Diamond Member (3,000+ posts & member 3 years+) Array jns's Avatar

Are you using enough lubrication? Any number of things could be different from your previous situation that could cause you to bleed. Your vagina may be more sensitive, you may not self lubricate as much as before (maybe due to age or excitement level), he may be larger, he may be longer and getting into a more sensitive area of your vagina, the condom may not be lubricated enough or you may not be compatible with the lubrication among other possibilities.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Patrick Henry

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get it quite often, minor tears from not using lube or not stretching myself out enough for penetration will result in some faint blood. If my bf or I do not use fingers ahead of time to loosen things up it becomes very tight and hurts no matter how much lubrication there is. The other possibility is that your bf is hitting your cervix sometimes when that happens a small amount of blood can occur.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.