Forum:

Thread: Crying after intercourse???

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array asiangrace's Avatar

Unhappy Crying after intercourse???

So weirdest experience EVER tonight. My fiance and I had sex, and it was really good. I was able to come a couple of times. Then after we were finished, I just laid there for about 10 seconds before an uncontrollable urge to cry came on! I just started sobbing for about five minutes and I have no idea why! I don't think my fiance knew what to do, so he just curled up beside me and held me and let me cry. I don't even know why I was crying. I am not on my period, I just finished it about four days ago. What the heck is up with the crying?? I've never had that before! Anyone else??
    "Look both ways before you cross the street"

jns
    Triple Diamond Member (3,000+ posts & member 3 years+) Array jns's Avatar

It is fairly common. It's called post-coital tristesse (PCT). It most likely has to do with brain chemistry, dopamine, prolactin and possibly brain opioids.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Patrick Henry

I'm gonna go with "because it was REALLY good."

I remember the first REALLY good time my fiancee (then boyfriend) and I had together (it was like we hit that point where we finally knew all the buttons to push in the best order for each other)... I had came a few times as well, and when it was all said and done, I got a knot in my throat...didn't actually cry, but my voice I guess was shaky, cause I remember him telling me, "don't cry!" haha I didn't actually cry though, just had that really intense feeling you get like when you hear a song that really tugs on your heart strings, ya know? I just figured it was because we both had an EXCEPTIONALLY good time.

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array Texasred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avvie_88 View Post
    LOL!
    My gf has had this happen to her a couple times, when it was REALLY good between us, with very very intense orgasms. First time, it was a little disturbing to me, but I realized it was just something that had to play out, and was not a sign of any emotional distress.
    "PCT" eh? I'll have remember that: "tristesse" sounds so much better than "sadness" somehow.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array AshB$'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe the intimacy got to you, it was just so strong and intense that you lost it. To me, that sounds nice. Romantic actually.
    "Hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by avvie_88 View Post

I remember the first REALLY good time my fiancee (then boyfriend) and I had together (it was like we hit that point where we finally knew all the buttons to push in the best order for each other)... I had came a few times as well, and when it was all said and done, I got a knot in my throat...didn't actually cry, but my voice I guess was shaky, cause I remember him telling me, "don't cry!" haha I didn't actually cry though, just had that really intense feeling you get like when you hear a song that really tugs on your heart strings, ya know? I just figured it was because we both had an EXCEPTIONALLY good time.
    I second that!! It happened to me a few times and always when it was really good!