Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naked with Friends

Junior Member Array

Default Naked with Friends

I am new here and wanted to see what you think about being naked with friends. About a year and a half ago our good friends invited us to there house for drinks. After sitting in the back yard a while the wife said she wanted to go into the hot tub and asked her husband to warm it up. Once it was warm she asked if we wanted to join her. We said we didn't bring our suits and didn't feel like walking home to get them. She then said we didn't need suits we could all skinny dip (they have a very private back yard). Her husband got towels and the wife took off all her clothes not bothering to cover up. She was in no hurry to get in the hot tub and walked around nude. Her husband said he was going in and we should join them. I thought it was a fun idea since this had never happened before. My wife is very conservative and it was obvious she didn't like the idea but very hesitantly took her clothes off, immediately covered up with a towel and got in the hot tub with us. We had a couple of drinks, sat and talked and nothing else happened. When we got out his wife again didn't cover up and casually got dressed.

When we got home my wife was upset and said I must have really enjoyed the evening especially since the wife was clean shaven, something I ONCE asked my wife to do which she refused. Since the first time it has happened 2 more times (we have gone over to their house many times) including this weekend. My wife says she refuses to do it agian and will leave if it happens again.

I think it is innocent fun but my wife disagrees. What do you think? Would you be comfortable being nude with good friends? I'll be interested in your responses.

VIP Member Array

Something similar happened to me and a long ago ex at a pool party. I was comfortable with it, she took her bikini top off but kept the bottom on, which she was comfortable with, just like being topless at the beach. The hosts and a couple of other guests were into naturism, there was nothing much sexual to it and no pressure. Some remained fully covered.

I'm surprised your wife went along with something she was so uncomfortable with - was there pressure? Also from your description it sounds like there might possibly have been a sexual element,which is different than simply being naked around friends, and you have posted it in the sex forum. I wonder if this is why she has put an stop to it.

jns
    Triple Diamond Member (3,000+ posts & member 3 years+) Array jns's Avatar

As a person who used to go to nude beaches, I would have no problem being nude around friends or even strangers. I would be uncomfortable being in a group where I was the only one nude, though.

It sounds like the wife is a bit of an exhibitionist. It also may be that she is willing to take the lead to steer the group in the direction she wants it to go (leading by example).

It sounds like your wife is a little jealous of your friend being clean shaven. Does she also get jealous with other comparisons (thin/fat, tall/short, light/dark complexion, ethnicity, large/small bust, long/short hair, hair color, eye color, nose shape and size, flat stomach, etc.)?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Patrick Henry

Junior Member Array

Would you be comfortable being nude with good friends?

1 - It depends on the particular friends of mine, but generally, outdoors I would be comfortable. I go to a nude hot springs several times a year - sometimes alone and usually with a friend or 3.

2 - In the situation you describe I would not be comfortable. Your wife is obviously uncomfortable and you know this. Also, the female half of your friends is not sounding respectful of your wife's comfort zone which is not much of an adult friend in my eyes.

3 - It really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks dude. Your wife is your primary everything and if you keep thinking she's being too timid, prudish, goofy or whatever instead of caring about her and respecting her feelings on this you are just going to f **** up your life. Don't do that. You married your wife. Remember why you married her, and then get on board with her choices and perspective on this.

You two are Team Number One. Give your best to the team

How would you feel if she gave your brother or father a back rub while he's naked? What if you told her you were really uncomfortable with it and she shrugged her shoulders at you, told her she was just being innocently friendly and did it again?

It would undermine your trust in her, and you would seriously wonder what her morals are and how much she cares or doesn't care about you, right?

Think with your heart on this,
    Best Wishes,
    Sunlight
    Last edited by Sunlight72; 01-02-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Banned from WH Array

Sensing or hearing your wife's feelings about the situation later, I'm not sure I would have put her back into the position of it possibly happening again without having had a conversation with her about it, at length, as long as it took...first.

What was your reaction when the female friend removed her clothing? What was your wife's PERCEPTION of your reaction? Remember a critical point...There is no such thing as reality, only our perception of it.

How you perceived the situation and how your forever bride perceived it, regardless of upbringing, beliefs, background, etc., were obviously very different and should have been discussed.

Continuing to put her in a like or similar position over and over again, is not the right answer - IMO.

Unfortunately, those of us who were born and raised in the U.S. have very different and IMO pretty twisted views about our bodies and the bodies of others. Our friends from other parts of the world probably have a more open natural sense about nudity, being naked, etc.

Junior Member Array

No, there was no sexual tension, both my wife and I were surprised it happened since nothing like this occurred in the 10 years we've known them. We were surprised how comfortable the wife was being naked, not covering up with her towel. We've gone over there many times without anything happening. My wife is very beautiful but is considered very conservative by the neighbors. I was just wondering how many people would be comfortable with casual nudity with friends. Now that my wife has put her foot down, I doubt it will happen again.

Junior Member Array

I was hoping to get to get more women's opinions on this topic. I know it probably won't happen again for us because of my wife's feelings but I am still wondering on how other women feel. Your opinions???

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array DreamP346's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am going to say something politically incorrect. It would depend on the physicial attractiveness of the other couple. I'm not saying I want to look at my friends naked, but I do have some friends who I really really really do not want to see naked because I would be repulsed by their bodies.

Each person is comfortable with different levels of nudity. I have a friend in her 20's who walks about her home with her parents naked because they just don't care. When she dresses, she doesn't wear revealing clothes, but nudity wise she is just very comfortable. I am the opposite. I love to wear revealing clothes, but would be more uncomfortable around nudity. It doesn't have to be something sexual. If I was in the situation you describe, depending on what I thought about the other firends (meaning were they the creapy type to stare at me or not), I would have joined the skinny dipping. Right now I am picturing which friends I would feel comfortable doing that with and which I wouldn't. I also wouldn't want to make it a practice. I'm not big on nudity.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

January 2012 Poster of the Month Array

For what it's worth - my opinion shouldn't really matter. The only opinion you should be concerned with should be your wife's. Why would other women's opinions matter?

VIP Member Array

Hm i been thinking and it wouldnt bother me with friends ive known for many many years but not someone ive not long met. My friends have seeb boobys when ive got changed bur thats it. Im just thinking couldnt your wife bring a swin suit when you go there so your wife dont feel pressured to strip nude. If i was uncomfortable or i knew my partner was uncomfortable i would politly explain. This may be a step to far over your wifes boundarys maybe. I wouldnt really want to see my friends man nekked either so it all depends on tolerence i think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast