Forum:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to have smooth skin the natural way?

WH Super Moderator Array caterpillar79's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default How to have smooth skin the natural way?

I am curious... A co-worker had told me that she met a woman who looked old than her age, her skin is wrinkled too soon. She recommended she take some virgin coconut oil daily. In a matter of 1 week, she saw her again and she noticed the difference.

Now, I want to try it. My skin is smooth and I want to maintain it. Has anyone tried taking virgin coconut oil for this purpose? Does it work? What is your dosage? If not, what do you take, or what inexpensive regimen do you use?
    What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

The clearest explanation for failure of any marriage is that two people are incompatible; that is, one is male and the other female. - Anna Quindlen

Register! | Rules/FAQ |Contact Mod| Contact Admin

Banned from WH Array

bellapure has a cream that is supposed to be for the under eye area and face, but I apply it on my neck and hands, its pretty concentrated and a great moisturizer.
    I also apply on my body vitamin E oil, and it helps my skin A LOT>
    Last edited by WildChild; 07-05-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Joy
    Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array Joy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I picked up some rose hip oil that some ppl suggested on this site. The cold press kind and it works great as a moistureizer.

exfoliate

Blog Entries

well, i have tried the virgin coconut oil and it was great. but the swallowing is hard for me. I am still getting used to the eck-y feeling. I also want to exfoliate - whole body. I haven't tried it yet though because I have no idea on what to use on the face and body and where to buy (brands that are effective).
    What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

The clearest explanation for failure of any marriage is that two people are incompatible; that is, one is male and the other female. - Anna Quindlen

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always thought that using "Olive Oil" in your cooking is great for your skin and I have used it for 20 years or so..

I also dab a little around my eyes every now and then and frankly, no one believes I am 46, yet my Mum at 40 showed her age so did my Grandma so "Oil" i think works..

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array flight_of_fancy's Avatar

Almonds

Make a paste of almonds with mild cream and fresh rosebud paste. Apply it daily over the face. This softens and bleaches the skin and nourishes it with the choicest skin-food. Regular application of this mixture prevents the early appearance of wrinkles, blackheads, dryness of the skin, pimples. It also keeps the face refreshed.

To improve rough and dry complexion:
    Take a teaspoon of almond oil and mix it with half a teaspoon each of milk cream and lime juice. Apply every night before going to bed both on the face and on the neck.

I got this from a wellness blog a long time ago, I follow it..and I'd say its effective. If I dont make a paste, I snack on Almonds and walnuts, omega content makes my skin smooth..

Junior Member Array

The best way to get smooth skin is to eat healty and exercise daily.

Blog Entries

I am currently using Jiaoli Miracle cream and it is keeping my skin soft and smooth. I get pimples to come out on my scalp though - it hurts.

Banned from WH Array

10 Natural Ways To Achieve A Smooth Skin

1. Mash the bananas along with milk and then apply on your face. Wash it off after 20 minutes. This makes the skin smooth and supple.

2. Blend turmeric powder with milk and apply on the face. It removes the tan and helps to reduce the facial hair. Scrub it off with a good face scrub and then wash with cold water. You can also keep it overnight.

3. Mix oatmeal along with curds and tomato juice and apply on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It helps to remove the tan and lightens the skin.

4. Apply raw sliced potato on the face. Reduces blemishes and other scars.

5. Cucumber juice is an excellent astringent. Applying cucumber juice on the face tightens the pores. Wash it off after 15 minutes.

6. Applying turmeric powder along with limejuice removes the tan. Limejuice is a natural bleach.

7. Dried orange peels mixed with curds help reduce blemishes and scars. Wash it off after 15 minutes with cold water.

8. Honey makes the skin glow. It makes the skin soft and smooth. Helps reduce wrinkles.

9. Citrus face packs and sandalwood face packs are excellent for oily skin.

10. Rubbing ice cubes on the face tightens the pores and increases blood circulation.

**Remove outbound link**
    Last edited by x.st.angel.x; 01-18-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Outbound links arent allowed

Junior Member Array

Default Re :How to have smooth skin the natural way?

I suggest only Aloe vera for your smooth and healthy skin. Aloe is best for smooth skin and its very useful for all.

Thanks,
    Janet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast