Forum:

Thread: How many times a day should I wash my face?

Junior Member Array

Default How many times a day should I wash my face?

Hi everyone,

I have oily, acne-prone skin. I heard that we are not supposed to wash our face more than twice a day. But I put makeup on in the morning and I workout in the afternoon. I feel the need to take off my makeup and shower after exercising... should I wash my face with a face wash in the afternoon too? I am afraid I would be washing my face too often...

WH Super Moderator Array x.st.angel.x's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I reckon wash your face with face wash twice a day and if you want to wash it more than that dont use any face wash just water see if that works

Some skin types do need to wash more that once a day. Use a gentle cleanser that doesn't have harsh additives or even a simple natural scrub you can make yourself by mixing a few teaspoons of sugar with fresh citrus juice like lemon, lime or orange.
    Sue

Junior Member Array

Wash your face with warm water every morning. Then, clean your face with the cleanser.Take off your make up with the wipes every night before you go to sleep. Wash your face with cold water again, use toner, and moisturizer.

VIP Member Array

Never. Try it. Just rinse it after you workout as well as when you're in the shower. My skin is better than it has ever been simply because I stopped using face wash.

Junior Member Array

I find that if I need to wash my face more than twice, using Dove works or something that doesn't have any perfumes. Also, Dial with Green Tea and Vitamin E Pearls works good, I mean it's actually hand soap, but it seems to work and doesn't dry my skin out. Just be sure to keep lotion on and sunscreen.

Junior Member Array

once a day is enough

My face is semi-oily but I only wash with cleanser while in the shower. Otherwise, if it gets oily, I just press a warm wet washcloth on it for a minute to remove the oil, but with no soap so as to not dry it out or anything. I agree with M&Ms though, alot of body parts are better off just leaving them alone, washing sparingly. I had some acne and bought an acne medicated wash and it just made it worse. Left it alone with minimal washing and it totally cleared up.

Junior Member Array

Theres two schools of thought on this one. Some people say twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. But others say you should never really wash your race properly, just rinse it. Water and harsh rubbing can damage the skin cells and cause irritation. Obviously, if you never wash your face you will still need to remove your makeup properly and exofilate every so often.

Im on the once a day train.
    When I saw the break of day
    I wished that I could fly away
    Instead of kneeling in the sand
    Catching teardrops in my hand