Forum:

Thread: Thread veins on nose

Junior Member Array

Default Thread veins on nose

Hello everyone, I wonder is anyone can help? I am a 30 year old woman and I have for a few years (maybe 5) had red threadveins on my nose. Generally I cover them with makeup but recently I have been wondering if I should get them removed. I am getting married in June this year so am doing a bit of long overdure body maintenence. Anyway a clinic has suggested pluse laser treatment as apparently there is a small pool of blood at the centre. The thing is they have said I will look liked I have been smacked in the face for about two weeks after. Also I am worried I might get a scar that will look worse than the redness. Finally I am worried it will really hurt.

Can anyone advise? is there anyone who has experienced this treatment or heard anything good bad about it? I would really appreciate hearing about anyones experiences. Thanks

Junior Member Array

You might want to look into IPL. They too suggested I do the laser treatement as you stated but those only target those specific areas. I had done some research and chose something more all around.

Copied~Photorejuvenation using IPLT is a non-invasive procedure that treats skin damage without disruption of the skin's surface, hence, no "down time". Intense Pulse Light (IPLT) can simultaneously treat a wide range of facial concerns safely and effectively, such as broken capillaries, benign brown pigment, age spots (sun-induced freckles), and mottled pigmentation. Generally, five or more treatments spaced several weeks apart are required for best results.

After one treatment I can already see a difference. My face looks smoother, dark spots are disappearing and some of the broken capillaries have gone away also. They told me red is the last to go but at age 32 with lots of time in the sun, they said at most I would need 4 treatments. Next time, ask them about IPL, I'm very happy already. Oh, almost forgot, imediately after I was pink and I did swell a touch but nothing makeup couldn't cover to go right back to work.

Banned from WH Array

The only way to get rid of the broken capillaries is through laser treatment. The risk of scarring is small and I think angelsmiln is right about IPLT.

Going forward I would use some preventative measures - Always use sunscreen, limit caffeine and alcohol intake. Be very gentle with your skin- avoid hot water when washing your face or taking a shower.

Finally you should use a soothing/anti-inflammatory facial gel.