Forum:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Itchy Skin Bumps

WH Super Moderator Array patricias213's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Itchy Skin Bumps

Im hoping someone can relate to this.

For the past week or so ive been getting these bumps on my skin ,looks like when a mosquito just bite u, it looks kinda flat but swollen and it itches then after a few days it looks acnelike and leaves a mark. As the days go by more is showing up, today i found 2 on my back and on my shoulder. I am planning to see a doctor soon about it, have not made an appointment yet. Does anyone have a clue what this might be and what can i do for it? I took a allergy pill but doesnt seem like an allergy to me.
    ~♥Þátrìçìá♥~

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reminds me of fleas, but lumps that leave a mark after?

Sounds like something that you may not have been allergic to but now are, think back over the past week if you have eaten anything that you haven't had in along time.....

I am convinced "vinegar" burns itching though give that a go.

Nice to see you here..

CW
    PUT A LITTLE LIGHT IN MY SOUL!

Blog Entries

Im not sure if its an allergy. Ive been eating normal foods, no big change. I also did take an allergy pill and it didnt work. No clue what it is
    ~♥Þátrìçìá♥~

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array Ahryin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
    Reminds me of fleas, but lumps that leave a mark after?

Sounds like something that you may not have been allergic to but now are, think back over the past week if you have eaten anything that you haven't had in along time.....

I am convinced "vinegar" burns itching though give that a go.

Nice to see you here..

CW
    or...bed bugs

Have you been sleeping anywhere different or had anyone sleep in your bed lately?

Be careful with the vinegar I burned my face using that haven't been able to get rid of the mark...hey I think thats going to be my next post...whoooo hoooo

Try Aveno oatmeal bath and lavendar sit in it
    Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Could be a lot of things, hives would be one. Do a search on bed bugs and then do a careful inspection. They are having a huge resurgance world wide and several US cities have serious problems with them.

Blog Entries

I just got done reading up on bed bug and it sounds very similiar. Im thinking that could be it. My husband got some on his skin too! I was reading about calling pest control to take care of it...cant lysol do the job? This is creeping me out!
    ~♥Þátrìçìá♥~

Blog Entries

Go to the Harvard University web site, they have an excellent page on bed bugs. Essentially you will have dismantle your home. If you can figure out where you got them it could help in that if you have pigeons nesting nearby or bats, the bugs could come from them. In that case you will have to have them relocated to fully solve the problem.

ALL clothing, bedding, pillows, slip covers, ect will have to go to the laundry and be run through a 130 degree or higher dryer for an hour. You will have to clean and then encase your mattresses in special covers. Dismantle your bedframes and clean completely. empty your dressers and remove the drawers - clean it completely and turn upside down to clean as well. You really have to be meticulous. A good exterminator can guide you through the process and then treat to be certain they aren't hiding or hybernating.

BUT first make sure that is what you are dealing with. It's nice to be clean but who wants to go through all that if it isn't really needed?!

It's really easy to pick these up, it isn't a reflection on you or your personal habits. I heard a news report that just sitting next to someone who has them, they could pass from a briefcase or jacket to your stuff, you go home and you've got them. Some of the best hotels in the world have dealt with them. I manage some properties and had a unit infested. Fortunately the tenant caught it quickly and we dealt with it without much fuss. It helped that he was very minimalist in his furnishings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    Go to the Harvard University web site, they have an excellent page on bed bugs. Essentially you will have dismantle your home. If you can figure out where you got them it could help in that if you have pigeons nesting nearby or bats, the bugs could come from them. In that case you will have to have them relocated to fully solve the problem.

ALL clothing, bedding, pillows, slip covers, ect will have to go to the laundry and be run through a 130 degree or higher dryer for an hour. You will have to clean and then encase your mattresses in special covers. Dismantle your bedframes and clean completely. empty your dressers and remove the drawers - clean it completely and turn upside down to clean as well. You really have to be meticulous. A good exterminator can guide you through the process and then treat to be certain they aren't hiding or hybernating.

BUT first make sure that is what you are dealing with. It's nice to be clean but who wants to go through all that if it isn't really needed?!

It's really easy to pick these up, it isn't a reflection on you or your personal habits. I heard a news report that just sitting next to someone who has them, they could pass from a briefcase or jacket to your stuff, you go home and you've got them. Some of the best hotels in the world have dealt with them. I manage some properties and had a unit infested. Fortunately the tenant caught it quickly and we dealt with it without much fuss. It helped that he was very minimalist in his furnishings.
    WOW! Thats ALOT of cleaning! I'll take a look at the mattress in the morning and see if there are any signs of bed bugs. Im leaning towards that though because hubby started getting the bumps today also.
    I have an apt and to even think about cleaning everything and emptying just makes me tired already lol. If it really is this then i'll have no other choice, i dont want it getting on my baby.. yuck! Her crib is pretty close to my bed
    Thanks alot for the info!
    ~♥Þátrìçìá♥~

Blog Entries

If it is bed bugs, the sooner you get on it the easier it will be to deal with. If you catch any put them in a zip lock and freeze it to show the pest control people.

Blog Entries

I have examined our bed and box springs but i see no bugs at all. Im very confused. More bumps came out on my skin and its very itchy. My husband only has a few. The pictures online of bedbugs bites looks exactly like the ones i have but im still confused wether or not it is bedbugs. I bought a can of spray for bedbugs to try, i know it will take alot more than that to get rid of them. i dont understand why im getting so much and my husband just got a few and his started a 2 days ago, mines started about a week or more ago. Its starting to frustrate me!
    ~♥Þátrìçìá♥~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast