Forum:

Thread: itchy, red blisters on face!

VIP Member Array

Default itchy, red blisters on face!

3 weeks ago I got a few blisters on my lips
    just this week I started getting blisters on my chin, cheeks, nose and edge of lips
    they are red, blotchy, itchy spots.

I popped big white blisters on my nose today and yellow puss came out of them! This is freaking me out and I don't know what to do. I have an appointment with the dermatologist in a week. I am putting hydro-cortisone creme on it now which is not doing anything for the itch.

Any advice until then??
    pleasee help! I feel embarrassed and its uncomfortable

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

They started on your lips? Could it possibly be cold sores?

In any case, if you pop them, you need to MAKE SURE that the liquid doesn't touch any other part of your skin. Even if they pop on their own, take care to dab the spot with tissue, and wash your hands thoroughly after that. If it's a cold sore or a similar virus, it is sooooo easily spread around the skin. You don't want your entire face to be covered by the time your appointment arrives.

If it is indeed cold sores (you can google this and see if your symptoms match up, look at pictures, etc), there's a wonderful cream called "Abreeva" (one or two e's, can't recall) that you can get at any drug store.

VIP Member Array

oh my god I think you're right! the symptoms match up perfectly. It started with the lips and spread! oh jeez. I'm off to get abreeva right now Thank you so much!

VIP Member Array

hmm... this is very strange.. I bought the abreeva and began using it along with taking 3-4 1000mg lysine a day. The sores became less noticeable but more frequent. I even have sores on my forehead now and cheeks. This is a nightmare!

VIP Member Array

I just went to the dermatologist today. I was diagnoses with a bacterial Staph infection and given 3 types of ointment, 2 lotions, 2 soaps and antibiotics. What a horrible thing to catch!

Banned from WH Array

I realize you posted about a month ago, but I had a rash in similar areas. I was diagnosed with having mono. The doc gave me a really strong steroid cream, and it went away within days. I hope you haven't been suffering since then. I was misdiagnosed for a terrible six weeks. Hope you're doing well.