Forum:

Thread: I have these bumps on my arm (look like goose bumps, picture included)

Junior Member Array

Default I have these bumps on my arm (look like goose bumps, picture included)

I have these bumps on my arm:
    http://i29.tinypic.com/vscsgn.jpg

and they itch, and I only get them during the summer. Hot water feels really good on the part of my arm where the bumps are, but I just do not understand what they are. They don't get red or anything, they just itch and I can only really see them in the light, because they blend in with my skin. I'm not sure what OTC lotion or cream or medication I can take - and any help would be appreciated.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you ever been to the dermatologist for it? My first thought was heat rash until I looked at the picture. I honestly have no clue...
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by LanaBear View Post
    Have you ever been to the dermatologist for it? My first thought was heat rash until I looked at the picture. I honestly have no clue...
    No I haven't, I cannot afford to go see one at the moment - nor do I have health insurance.
    :/

WH Moderator - JUNE 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH- Array KMonte85's Avatar

It looks like the bumps I get when I get stung in a Nettle patch...

Are the bumps only on your arms? One arm in particular or both? The one clue to what this is is that you only get the bumps in the summer - do you have any allergies to grasses or other plants that you may have been in contact with? Do you use any sort of lotions that you don't in the winter time (like sunscreen for example)... to me it seems like it might be some sort of allergy... if they are itchy, put on an antihistamine cream, that should at least sooth the itchiness.

A dermatologist would be best, even if you could just visit your family doctor or go to a free clinic to get an idea. A medical professional could probably help you more than we can!
    Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KMonte85 View Post
    It looks like the bumps I get when I get stung in a Nettle patch...

Are the bumps only on your arms? One arm in particular or both? The one clue to what this is is that you only get the bumps in the summer - do you have any allergies to grasses or other plants that you may have been in contact with? Do you use any sort of lotions that you don't in the winter time (like sunscreen for example)... to me it seems like it might be some sort of allergy... if they are itchy, put on an antihistamine cream, that should at least sooth the itchiness.

A dermatologist would be best, even if you could just visit your family doctor or go to a free clinic to get an idea. A medical professional could probably help you more than we can!
    I only get them on one arm - my right arm, and only on the inner side. I don't have any allergies to plants or anything but I do get eczema during the winter, and my skin is sensitive, I was just looking for what these bumps are, or what they could be from.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array JadedQueen's Avatar

Are you right handed? Since you only get them on your right arm and if you are right handed I am thinking it's something that you come in contact with in the summer time possibly an allergic reaction or irritation to something? If it is something you are allergic to or something that is irritating it and causing it... I would go to a drug store and pick up some allergy cream like benedryl and try applying it and see if that helps. You can get the generic form of it and it's probably pretty cheap. Another suggestion since you can't afford to go to a dermatologist (I totally understand, I don't have health insurance and a doctor visit is expensive) maybe you could ask the pharmacist and they may be able to recommend something that will help.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array collegegirl2010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

could it be heat bumps?

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try out some calamine lotion, it is used for bug bites and rashes to calm the itch down.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Junior Member Array

This looks exactly what i have! i have recently got this this morning and its spreading onto my other arm and its summer where i live. i want to know what this is.