Forum:

Thread: Help!! My face is always dry and flaky!!

Junior Member Array

Default Help!! My face is always dry and flaky!!

I read the other posts about eczema and very dry skin.. I took note of the products that helped a lot of people, but I don't know what is okay to use on my face. I have had eczema for 10 years, the last year has gotten so bad. It is all around my eyes and mouth. It causes my eyes to itch like crazy!!!! I apply lotion to my face every half hour. My dermatologist keeps prescribing different things, but nothing seems to work. I need a really good moisturizer on my face so it is not as flaky! I have used Cetaphil and every kind of Aveeno, it doesn't work.

Please help!!!!!
    Thanks so much!!!!!!
    **Michelle**

Senior Member Array JubesInquest's Avatar

Have you gotten prescription-strength Elidel?
    How about using Lubriderm?

Maybe get a second opinion and see how that works out for you.
    Quitters never win; Winners don't give in

Junior Member Array

Thanks.. I will probably try Elidel.
    **Michelle**

Junior Member Array

Hi,

you have tried many products so far so try to use Honey on your Face.As everyone know its nature gift with No harm.Its an excellent moisturizer and antiseptic.you can apply it any time for about 15 min then simply wipe it off and wash your face with normal tap water,should not use cold water.Try it for few days and let me know if it work or not.

Take care.

Junior Member Array

Hi
    I am a certified skincare consultant and I am experienced in testing the skin type. I also recommend world class skin care products that would suit to your skin. Dry skin is common with many people that too during cold weather it becomes very dry. Some have dry and flaky skin. This happens due to various reasons. But this definitely has a solution. I can help you with phenominal skin care products meant for dry skin which has my client's satisfaction. I can assure you for a fabulous skin. If you are interested, then we can get in touch with eachother.

Junior Member Array

Smile itchy flaky face

Hello. I'm another Michelle cursed with eczema from head to toe. A few years ago I went to a dermatologist and was prescribed an ointment for my face that I thought I would recommend to you. It's called Locoid Ointment. It worked wonders for me. Also, if you have eczema on the rest of your body, try Fluocinonide Oinment. Good luck. Hope they work as well for you as they did me.

Junior Member Array

Default Flaky skin, try emu oil

Quote Originally Posted by Michy720 View Post
    I read the other posts about eczema and very dry skin.. I took note of the products that helped a lot of people, but I don't know what is okay to use on my face. I have had eczema for 10 years, the last year has gotten so bad. It is all around my eyes and mouth. It causes my eyes to itch like crazy!!!! I apply lotion to my face every half hour. My dermatologist keeps prescribing different things, but nothing seems to work. I need a really good moisturizer on my face so it is not as flaky! I have used Cetaphil and every kind of Aveeno, it doesn't work.

Please help!!!!!
    Thanks so much!!!!!!
    Try emu oil. Yes from the big Australian bird. It is very soothing and no one ever has a reaction to it. True, it does smell a bit weird. You can read more about it on my blog Truth in Aging: Dept of daft: Dremu (and Deception). Make sure you get a pure one and don't over pay. Its a great hair conditioner too.

Junior Member Array

First off... elidel... is awesome for eczema. The price is not.

I kinda have the same thing, just not all over my face. I get the flaky dry skin, on my forehead and around my lips. Sometimes it will spread or get really itchy or irritated if I use something that I knew that I shouldn't have in the first place (there's so many things you're not supposed to with eczema... it happens).

But... I found this recipe.
    Its a no lose thing too, because it can't really mess you up too much, and its cheap.
    Olive Oil and sugar mixed together as a paste to make a scrub/exfoliant.

I just started doing this about a week or two ago... so far I love it.
    It doesn't completely fix the flakiness.
    However, it will at the very least calm some irritation and chip off the first layer of flakes.

The best part, is that if you wear makeup, the olive oil works as a really gentle and super effective makeup remover.
    I know with eczema, its practically impossible to find makeup remover that wont burn your eyes and your skin really bad. That is one trick that is so amazing, I wish someone told it to me when I was a lot younger.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Please stick to more current threads.

Closed.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.