Forum:

Thread: Body cleansing/detox methods???

Junior Member Array

Red face Body cleansing/detox methods???

I admit it! These over the counter body cleansing and detoxification methods scare me a little. I imagine using one of these and running back and forth to the bathroom with diahrrea , my stomach being in knots and the cramping.
    But, I also feel if I cleans my body of the yuck then I'll feel better and lose a pound or two. I have never been regular, I'd say I go {#2} 3 to 4 times a week. When I take a fiber supplement or drink PlumSmart everyday then I'll start going #2 once a day. I've been trying to eat more fruits and fresh veggies and eating more healthy.
    I've been working out for 40 to 50 minutes a day for the last week now and I think I've lost a couple of pounds already.
    Anyway, my question is:
    What do you think of these products?
    How did they work for you?
    Which brand is the best/better one?
    Any info/advice is appreciated.
    Thanks, Jeana.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array silvertae's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have any actual experience with those products but I reeeeallly think they're a bad idea in general. I think going about it the natural way (as you're doing) is really the best thing. I don't buy into the ideas those companies are selling you (that there's crud/toxins trapped in your body and you need to "cleanse" them out). If you're pooping regularly (as you are) you're fine! I'd rather keep that pound or two on than spend hours in agony expelling all kinds of stuff and dehydrating myself. I took a simple laxative once and thought I was going to die from the pain. These things like "colon cleanse" etc can only be worse.
    Well some people say that you shouldn't tempt fate, and for them I can not disagree. But I never learned nothing from playing it safe; I say fate should not tempt me. I take my chances.

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

Just eat plenty of fruits and veggies and drink plenty of water. I think our livers do a fine job of detoxing us as is.

Working out will help a ton with sweating everything out as well.

Be sure you are eating a lot of fresh foods and aim for around 30+ g of fiber a day.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Register! | Rules/FAQ | Contact Mod

Junior Member Array

Exclamation WARNING.......ACAI BERRY/COLON rX SCAM

Just a WARNING to all of you. I was on a website that boasted weight loss if you take Acai berry caps and detox with Colon xR. Well I made the BIG mistake of ordering the "free" sample (just pay shipping). The Acai Co. charged my credit card $59.-- and the colon xr co. charged my credit card $78.--. I was able to return the unused portion (and i didn't even take ONE) of the Acai and i'm supposed to get a refund. But the Colon xR co. I can't get ahold of. It's as if they don't exist. After researching them on line I see I'm not the only sucker to be taken.
    I suppose i learned one lesson...there is no magic formula for weight loss. It takes eating right and exercise.....THAT'S IT!
    Thanks for listening...........PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THE SAME SCAM!!!!

Junior Member Array

Smile I have been looking at the Acai stuff

I have been reading about the AcaiBurn and cleansing free trials on the net. I don't like to order via the net and don't plan on doing so for these products for a couple of reasons.

One, for the same problem as being charged more then was expected.

And two, I like instint gradification. If I can't try it on or hold it in my hand and really look at it then I can do with out it.

I am trying to lose some extra wieght with the help of OTC suppliments{I'm about 140/145lbs and would like to be 125/130lbs}. I've been lazy for the past few months and haven't exercised, Bad me! I keep having good intentions of starting my workouts again so hopefully I'll get back to it soon.
    Thanks for your info.

Junior Member Array

Apparently the Lemon Detox is the one of the best ways to cleans your body and it's cheap. I'd google it ;-D

VIP Member Array

I'm a big fan of the Slimquick products for women. They work very well & make me feel great!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I took the colon cleanse by Nutrition Style and it made me go about twice per day (at most). There were no stomache cramps and no diahrrea. The volume was more but felt natural. I think you're only supposed to take it one or two weeks out of the month. I took it with Acai but I think the colon cleanse was the main culprit when it came to weightloss.

And I second the whole not trying any of the "free trials". Go to GNC or eBay.

Junior Member Array

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sourpuss View Post
    Just eat plenty of fruits and veggies and drink plenty of water. I think our livers do a fine job of detoxing us as is.

Working out will help a ton with sweating everything out as well.

Be sure you are eating a lot of fresh foods and aim for around 30+ g of fiber a day.
    I agree, the best methods are the natural ones. Try to find foods and drinks that accomplish these things naturally.