Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: how to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks?

Banned from WH Array

Default how to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks?

any suggestions?
    johnmgourdine likes this.

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

How did you come up with that number and that time period?

I think the only way to do that would be to completely stop eating. That's too much weight to be losing, in too short of a time. If you somehow manage that, you'll damage your body, as well as gain weight back a lot quicker once you start eating again.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trixies, it's not possible without starving yourself ...

Try eating only non fatenning foods, such as egg white omlettes with mushroom / tomato.. Loads of salads with lemon and soy sauce dressings, fresh vegetables steamed, water, water,water, some lean chicken in small propotions and fish, stay away from everything else for two weeks and walk as much as you can and you will lose as much weight as your body will aliow within that period whilst still feeling alive, and healthy...
    Do we not realise that in order to find a soul
    It doesn't happen over night
    if truth were to be told.

Like everything in life that's hard to achieve
    you must believe!

jns
    Triple Diamond Member (3,000+ posts & member 3 years+) Array jns's Avatar

A typical good weight loss program will cause a loss of 1/2 pound to 1 pound per week. A pound of fat contains 3500 calories. 15 pounds is 52,500 calories. In 14 days, you have to reduce your calorie intake by 3,750 calories per day. This would only be possible if your maintenance level calorie intake required more than that. Most likely, if you quit eating, you will lose a lot of water weight and some actual weight, but not near 15 pounds because your body will conserve energy due to a change to starvation conservation. If you dehydrate too much, it will screw up your electrolyte balance. I suppose it could be done with surgery such as liposuction, but that is not a good option.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array kygirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to go with everyone else...the only real way would be to not eat but that would probably cause all kinds of problems to go 14 days AND whatever you're losing weight for, you'd have no energy... usually it's suggested to lose no more than 2 lbs per week. If you ate very well and did a lot of cardio, you might be able to healthily get out 5-6 lbs in two weeks but really you don't want to try to lose that much weight in that short of time... you'll just gain it back as soon as you eat again.
    If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
    -Andy Rooney

It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward

Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale

Idk, even if you starved yourself for 2 weeks I doubt you'd lose more than 5-10? I know when you start starving yourself, your body reacts by actually storing up all the fat you have already. Doesnt let it go. Then after a long period (sometimes up to a month, maybe more) you'll start losing weight. But it's not even that fast.

I used to be anorexic when I was 15/16 until like 18/19. The most I remember ever losing in a week was 5lbs. And like the others said, it doesnt do you any good. I messed my liver up a bit (extreme weight loss or gain) and I just gained SOOO much weight afterwards. I wish I woulda never went there! I would be sooo happy with the weight I was before I decided to do this.

There's no how to escape from the work out. It's still the best way to lose weight and it's much better than most diets. Why? It's very simple, human beings haven't changed that much phisically speaking for about 8,000 or 9,000 years. Culture and civilizations have changed, but our bodies haven't! It simply means that 9,000 years ago when we still lived like nomads and both men and women had a more tied daily activities - most of them related to physical activies rather than intellectual ones, both brain and body had adapted to this reality.

What also means that when humans stopped their nomad and primitive lives, begining with its sedentary or "stationary" way of life - we gradually began to restrain our natural "brain and body" programming related to physical activities, resulting in fatter or more relaxed humans. To correct this gap, we now must separate at least one hour daily for some kind of physical activity. Of course we also need to eat less, but the work out is essential.

Junior Member Array

I can give you some tips to loss weight quickly.

#1 – Getting Enough Sleep
    You might not be aware of this, but getting enough sleep is an integral part to losing weight.
    #2 – Stress, Stress, Stress
    Stress is one of the main reasons that people gain weight and keep it on.
    #3 – The Dreaded Plateau
    Even if you have been doing all the right things you will eventually come to a place where you stop dropping the pounds and just maintain. This happens when you hit a plateau.
    #4 – Consistency is Key
    Are you being consistent with your weight loss efforts? Be honest with yourself and what you are doing to take the weight off.
    #5 – Impatience
    It takes time to see weight loss. Have you given yourself enough time to see those results?

**Removed outbound link**
    Last edited by LanaBear; 08-06-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Kallygirlie's Avatar

Actually everyone, losing 15lbs in 2 weeks is really easy if you are just starting a new diet and exercise plan. I've lost 6lbs in 4 days so far. The fact of the matter is, in the first 2 weeks of a diet plan you detox your body so you end up losing ALOT of water weight that your body has been holding on to. If you lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks, its mearly going to just be a number on the scale, you're not going to see much body image changing. Infact this lose is very healthy. After this dramatic drop, then the reality of 1-2 lbs a week is the healthy limit.

To answer the question, its eating, sleeping and working out. Theres no easy way out of any of it. You should be eating every 2-3 hrs and not eating 2 hrs before you go to bed. Eat Fruits, Veggies, multi grain and kick out as much processed food as you can. Water Water Water. Dont forget the cardio and weight training, both are very important. The diet I'm on, it is extremely common to have a dramatic drop in the first 2 weeks but 15 lbs is all you need to lose, you will most likely not see this result. The heavier the person, the more dramatic the drop.
    Krystal

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only 15 lbs you will be losing in 2 weeks is water weight. And that water weight will eventually come back. Physiologically it is not possible to lose 15 lbs of fat mass unless you are physically starving yourself.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast